The No. 20 Tigers look to cap their season with eight wins as they take on No. 13 Louisville in the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl in Orlando. The Tigers are 2-2 against Top 25 opponents this season; the Cardinals are 1-1 in such games.
Louisville (9-3) vs. LSU (7-4)
Dec. 31, 2016
Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Fla.
How to watch
Game time: 11 a.m. ET
TV Channel: ABC
Live stream: You can live stream the Citrus Bowl here.
Players to watch
- With running back Leonard Fournette sitting the game out, LSU will lean heavily on Derrius Guice, who was the team’s leading rusher this season with 1,249 yards and 14 touchdowns.
- Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Lamar Jackson is the focal point of the Louisville offense. He threw for 3,390 yards, 30 touchdowns and nine interceptions and rushed for a team-high 1,538 yards with 21 touchdowns.
- Tigers rushers scored 29 touchdowns and averaged 6.3 yards per carry this season.
- Louisville has lost two straight games since opening the season 9-1.
- LSU needs a win to cap its 17th season in a row with at least eight wins.
- The Tigers have played in bowl games in each of the last 17 seasons.
- This is LSU’s fourth trip to the Citrus Bowl; it is 1-2 all-time with two straight losses coming after the 2009 and 2004 seasons.
- This is Louisville’s first Citrus Bowl berth.
- This marks Louisville’s seventh straight bowl trip; the Cardinals are 4-2 in the previous six games.
- This is the first-ever meeting between the programs.
- LSU defensive back Tre’Davious White is probable with an ankle injury.
- Tigers defensive end Arden Key is probable with a shoulder injury.
- LSU wide receiver Travin Dural is probable with an undisclosed injury.
- Cardinals linebacker James Hearns is questionable with an elbow injury.
- Louisville wide receiver Jamari Staples is questionable with an undisclosed injury.