Since Clemson beat Alabama in January, we’ve all been wondering the same thing: When does the 2019 college football season start?
As of May 16, we’re less than 100 days away. College football is back on Aug. 24.
That’s when the first batch of games kick off. Some folks like to call it Week Zero.
WHAT TO KNOW FOR NEXT SEASON: 2019-20 CFP semifinal and championship dates and sites
The first FBS game that day is Florida vs. Miami (FL). That game will kick off at 7 p.m. EST in Orlando on ESPN. The Gators finished 10-3 last year, while the Hurricanes went 7-6.
Following that, we get some Pac-12 vs. Mountain West action as Arizona travels to Hawaii. That game begins at 10:30 p.m. EST on CBS Sports Network. The Wildcats finished 5-7 last season, while the Rainbow Warriors went 8-6.
TEAMS TO WATCH: Preseason Top 25 for the 2019 season
But Week Zero really begins with an FCS game. At 3 p.m. on Aug. 24, college football is back when Samford and Youngstown State kick off in Montgomery, Alabama at 3 p.m. EST on ESPN. Villanova and Colgate will play that day too, but the time is still to-be-announced. It’ll be on CBS Sports Network.
Week One of the college football season features games Thursday through Monday.
COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF: 15 games that will impact the CFP race next season
Here’s a look at some notable match-ups.
Thursday, Aug. 29
- Georgia Tech at Clemson, 8 p.m. EST, ACC Network
- Texas State at Texas A&M, 8:30 p.m. EST, SEC Network
- UCLA at Cincinnati, Time TBA, ESPN
Friday, Aug. 30
- Utah State at Wake Forest, 8 p.m. EST, ACC Network
- Purdue at Nevada, 9:30 p.m. EST, CBS Sports Network
- Wisconsin at USF, Time TBA, ESPN
SUPER BOWL QB's: Who was better in college, Tom Brady or Jared Goff?
Saturday, Aug. 31
- Virginia Tech at Boston College, 4 p.m. EST, ACC Network
- Boise State vs. Florida State, 7 p.m. EST, ESPN (in Jacksonville, Florida)
- Virginia at Pitt, 7:30 p.m. EST, ACC Network
- Auburn vs. Oregon, 7:30 p.m. EST, ABC (in Arlington, Texas)
- Louisiana Tech at Texas, Time TBA, TV TBA
- MTSU at Michigan, Time TBA, TV TBA
- Fresno State at USC, Time TBA, TV TBA
- Duke vs. Alabama, Time TBA, TV TBA (in Atlanta, Georgia)
Sunday, Sept. 1
- Houston at Oklahoma, 7:30 p.m. EST, ABC
Monday, Sept. 2
- Notre Dame at Louisville, 8 p,m. EST, ESPN
WE'RE OFFICIALLY 100 DAYS AWAY FROM THE START OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL! 🏈 pic.twitter.com/BUVxoz0eQG— College GameDay (@CollegeGameDay) May 16, 2019
Mitchell Northam is a graduate of Salisbury University. His work has been featured at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Orlando Sentinel, SB Nation, FanSided, USA Today and the Delmarva Daily Times. He grew up on Maryland's Eastern Shore and is now based in Durham, N.C.