Before A.J. Brown turned into the No. 1 wide receiver on the Philadelphia Eagles' run to Super Bowl LVII, he was a dynamic threat out wide at Ole Miss.
Here's more on Brown's college career.
The vitals on A.J. Brown
School: Ole Miss
Position: Wide receiver
Weight: 230 pounds
Years active: 2016-18
Here are Brown's career stats in college.
|YEAR||GAMES||REC||REC YDS||YPC||REC TD|
Brown, a native of Starkville, Mississippi, signed with Ole Miss over a litany of offers that included Auburn, Alabama and more, per 247Sports.
AJ Brown at Ole Miss: disrespectful 🔥@OleMissFB x @1kalwaysopen_ pic.twitter.com/CyNiLcVpNR— PFF College (@PFF_College) April 13, 2022
What kind of prospect was Brown in high school?
Brown was a four-star wide receiver at Starkville High School in Starkville, Mississippi. Brown was a top-five wide receiver in the country, depending on the recruiting service, and a top-three player in Mississippi in the class of 2016.
Brown finished his high school career on top as a 6A state champion, finishing his senior season with 83 catches for 1,371 yards and 13 touchdowns. He played in the Under Armour All-American game where he caught four passes for 79 yards a touchdown. Brown was a dual-sport athlete, starring in baseball and making history as the second player to ever make the Under Armour All-American football and baseball games.
AJ Brown taking his talents to Ole Miss. pic.twitter.com/oM6dQBzwzm— Michael Bonner (@michaelbbonner) February 3, 2016
The catch of the season so far: Starkville High's AJ Brown @Brown1arthur does his best Odell Beckham Jr. impression! pic.twitter.com/0QQcC6bH12— Robby Donoho III (@RobbyDonoho) September 26, 2015
What was Brown's record in college?
Brown and Ole Miss finished a combined 11-13 during his career. The 2016 season is not included in the combined win-loss total after Ole Miss' wins were vacated. Brown never got the chance to play in a bowl game during his collegiate career.
Records set by Brown
Here are some of the notable records and statistical rankings set by Brown in college:
- 1st in Ole Miss career receiving yards (2,984)
- 1st in Ole Miss career 100-yard receiving games (12)
- 1st in Ole Miss single-game receiving yards (233)
- 1st in Ole Miss single-season receptions (85)
- 1st in Ole Miss single-season receiving yards (1,320)
- 1st in Ole Miss single-season receiving touchdowns (11)
- 3rd in Ole Miss career receptions (189)
- 5th in Ole Miss career receiving touchdowns (19)
HIGHLIGHTS: AJ Brown sets single-game receiving record (233 yards) in Ole Miss win. Matt Luke claims 1st victory as Rebels interim coach. pic.twitter.com/WT7CZMtquu— Jeff Barker (@JeffBarker_) September 3, 2017
Which awards did Brown win in college?
Here are the awards and honors Brown won in college:
- Second-Team All-American by FWAA (2018)
- First-Team All-SEC (2018)
- Second-Team All-American by Phil Steele (2017)
- Third-Team All-American by Associated Press (2017)
- First Team All-SEC (2017)
- Biletnikoff Award semifinalist (2017)
- C Spire Conerly Trophy (best player in Mississippi) (2017)
Ole Miss WR AJ Brown (@Brown1arthur) Highlights— JustBombsProductions (@JBP_Official) April 9, 2019
Brown was one of the best playmakers in all of college football. He has the ability beat defenses deep as well catch a short pass & take it to the house #HottyToddy
Full Video 🎥: https://t.co/i8DfuDeyWQ pic.twitter.com/DyodzgfGbD