MENDOTA HEIGHTS, Minn. -- Concordia-Moorhead outgunned No.13 St. Thomas (Minn.) 4-1 in conference action on Saturday.

The win continues Concordia's domination against the Tommie in the past few seasons. The Cobbers are now 6-1-1 against UST in the last eight games played between the two teams. The victory also helped CC earn a split in the two-game road conference series. Concordia earned two points in league play and is now 3-3-0 in the MIAC and tied for third place in the league standings. The Cobbers are 4-6-1 overall. St. Thomas lost for the first time in conference play and fell to 5-1 in league play and 6-5-1 overall. The Tommies are tied for first place with Bethel.

Concordia started the game by scoring three consecutive goals in the first 23 minutes of the game. Dave Velich scored his first goal of the season to give the Cobbers a 1-0 lead at 15:22 of the first period and then CC recorded back-to-back goals just 29-seconds apart at the start of the second period. Andrew Deters scored the eventual game-winning goal, the first of two on the game for Deters, at the 3:10 mark and then Dan Hrabowych pushed the lead to 3-0 with a score at 3:39. Ben Payne and Brian Kang picked up assists on Deters' goal and then Velich and Jordie Bancroft added the helpers on Hrabowych's third goal of the year.

St. Thomas got within two goals with its only goal of the game at 17:40 of the second period.

Deters, and the Cobbers, iced the game in the final minute of the third period. Deters took advantage of the Tommies' decision to pull their goalie and scored an unassisted empty-net goal at 19:47.

Both teams had less than 25 shots on goal for the game and neither team was able to put up more than nine shots in a single period. St. Thomas held a slight 24-22 edge in total shots on goal.

Both teams failed to connect on the power play. The Cobbers were 0-for-3 on the man-advantage and UST went scoreless in their five power-play attempts.

Chris Neamonitis made 23 saves for Concordia to even his season record at 4-4-0. St. Thomas split the netminding duties. Tyrone Simcoe played the first 23:39, gave up three goals and made nine saves while Drew Fielding played the final 35:45 and also made nine saves.