INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA Division III Women’s Ice Hockey Committee has announced the eight teams selected for the 2015 NCAA Division III Women’s Ice Hockey Championship.
Of the eight teams in the championship field, five of the teams received automatic qualification berths as winners of their conference championship. Three institutions were selected from Pool C, which consists of independent institutions and institutions from automatic-qualifying conferences that were not the conference champion.
Conferences and teams receiving automatic qualification:
• ECAC DIII Women’s East Hockey League -- Norwich University
• ECAC DIII Women’s West Hockey League -- Plattsburgh State University of New York
• Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference -- University of St. Thomas (Minnesota)
• New England Small College Athletic Conference -- Trinity College (Connecticut)
• Women's Northern Collegiate Hockey Association -- Lake Forest College
The three at-large selections are Elmira College, Middlebury College and the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
Four first-round games will be played at campus sites March 13 or 14. The highest-seeded team advancing from first rounds will host the semifinals March 20 and the third-place game and finals March 21.