PHILADELPHIA -- Pennsylvania scored the game's first five goals and held off No. 10 Duke en route to a 7-3 victory against the Blue Devils on Saturday at Franklin Field.

Duke was led by Justin Turri with one goal and one assist for the game.

Duke falls to 1-2 overall on the year, while Penn grabbed a win in its season opener. The loss was the first by the Blue Devils on an opponent's home field since March 24, 2007 at Georgetown. It also marked the lowest scoring output by a Duke team since March 4, 1986 -- a 10-3 loss to Maryland.

Christian Walsh and Zach Howell notched the two other goals for the Blue Devils, while Drew Belinsky had a goal and two assists for the Quakers.

Penn got on the board first just over a minute into the game and then held the Blue Devils offense in check. The Quakers added two more in the first quarter, including a fastbreak goal in the final minute, for a 3-0 lead after 15 minutes.

"It's not so much that it was 3-0 early on, it's that we were not mentally where we need to be to compete" head coach John Danowski said.

Penn added a fourth goal early in the second frame and went ahead 5-0 a few minutes later. The Quaker defense continued to stifle Duke's offense forcing turnovers and keeping the Blue Devils attack from getting good shots on goal to take a 5-0 lead at the break.

The Quakers held a 17-9 advantage in shots and won five of seven faceoffs in the opening half. Duke had 12 turnovers and Penn had 10 in the opening 30 minutes.

Looking for its first goal of the game, Duke opened the second half with a goal from Turri 57 seconds into the session. The goal pushed Turri's point streak to 16 games. Penn responded less than three minutes later as Rob Fitzpatrick netted his second goal of the game.

Both defenses clamped down in the final 11 minutes of the third quarter as neither team got on the board again.

With Penn holding 6-1 lead after 45 minutes of action, Duke tallied two markers in the first 4:35 of the quarter to pull within three at 6-3. Howell netted the first with an assist from Robert Rotanz and Walsh had the second off a pass from Turri. The Blue Devils held the momentum at that point, but just like they had done all day, the Quakers responded with a crucial goal to make it 7-3 with 8:31 left to play.