Duke University attackmen Zach Howell and Jordan Wolf combined for 10 points on four goals and six assists to pace the seventh-ranked Blue Devils cruised to an 18-10 victory over visiting Dartmouth this afternoon in men’s lacrosse action. Both Howell and Wolf had five points apiece as the Blue Devils had 13 players with at least one goal.


Duke had four players with two-plus goals and seven players with multiple points on the afternoon. Senior Justin Turri pushed his scoring streak to 21 games with a goal and two assists. Senior Tom Rynn matched his career high with two goals, while Wolf’s four assists and five points is a career high for the freshman.


After holding a narrow 4-2 lead after one quarter, Duke scored 10 of the next 12 goals for a commanding 14-4 advantage at the half. Nine of the Blue Devils’ goals came in a span of 7:57, including four in 1:39. Seven different players tallied a score during the second quarter.


Duke started the scoring 1:10 into the game with a tally from junior Robert Rotanz. Freshman Christian Walsh provided the assist for his sixth of the season.


After neither team got on the board over the next seven minutes, the Big Green netted consecutive goals in a 1:54 span to go in front 2-1 with just over five minutes remaining in the first quarter. Duke responded with a three-goal run in just over two minutes to jump back ahead 4-2 after 15 minutes of action. Seniors Terrence Molinari and Tucker Virtue netted their first goals of the game during the run and Rotanz added his second to complete the streak.


The second quarter was all Duke as it netted 10 goals on 10 shots. Sophomore David Lawson started the run at the 10:50 mark and Howell added three straight over the next 2:50 to give the Blue Devils their largest lead of the game at 8-3. The goals continued to fall for Duke over the final six minutes with Rynn and sophomore Greg DeLuca getting in the mix. The Blue Devils’ six goals came in just 3:11. Justin Turri closed out the scoring in the second quarter with his 10th goal of the game.


Dartmouth’s Colin Delaney and Jeff Perkins both tallied goals in the second quarter. Perkins led the Big Green on the afternoon with four goals, while Delaney finished with two points from a goal and an assist.


Trailing 14-4 after 30 minutes of action, the Big Green offense started to click and outscored Duke 6-4 in the second half. However, the Blue Devils’ 10-goal lead proved to be too much to overcome for Dartmouth.


Duke dominated the faceoff game, winning 20-of-31 overall. Freshman Brendan Fowler won 8-of-11 draws and junior CJ Costabile was victorious in all three of his restarts. Fowler led all Blue Devils with four ground balls.


The Big Green outshot Duke 36-33 overall and the Blue Devils won the ground ball battle 33-25. In goal, Duke finished with 11 saves with Dan Wigrizer making five and Mike Rock picking up six. Fergus Campbell played 53 minutes in goal and made four stops. Ryan Alexander made two stops in the final seven minutes of the game.


Duke remains at home for its next two contests. The Blue Devils host Georgetown on March 26 at 1 p.m., and Brown on March 29 at 3 p.m.