CARLISLE, Pa. – Pat Sartory and Henry Tesar combined for six goals and five assists while J.T. McCook made a career-high 16 saves as 17th-ranked and second-seeded Gettysburg College defeated No. 10 and third-seeded Haverford 10-7 in the Centennial Conference (CC) semifinals.

The Bullets (11-5), who won their fifth game in a row, advance to their 11th consecutive CC championship game and will take on top-seeded and sixth-ranked Dickinson College, a 12-3 winner over fourth-seeded Ursinus College in the other semifinal, on Sunday at Dickinson College.

With the score tied 5-5 at the half, Gettysburg broke the game open by outscoring Haverford, 4-1, in the third quarter.

Sartory posted a career-high six points on three goals and a career-best three assists while Tesar tied season-highs with three goals and two assists.

Phillip Valiant led Haverford (11-4) with two goals and two assists.

The Bullets outshot the Black Squirrels 41-33 and won 14-of-21 face-offs, with Nick Avedisian going 13-for-19 at the X, including 6-for-6 in Gettysburg’s big third quarter.

Haverford wasted no time getting on the scoreboard as Robert Breckinridge scored off the opening face-off. But the Bullets answered with three straight tallies to take a 3-1 lead. Sartory had a hand in all three goals, scoring the first two himself before assisting Tesar on the third when he brought the ball downfield on a breakaway before finding Tesar open in front. After a couple of fakes, the freshman sent in his first collegiate postseason goal with 1:23 left in the first quarter.

The Squirrels pulled even with a pair of goals. Myles Monaghan scored with 53 seconds left in the opening period before Valiant struck with 12:50 to go in the first half.

Gettysburg went back in front with a pair of quick goals a minute and a half later. In transition, Sartory found John Odierna in front of the net, and from point-blank range, the senior defenseman connected for his first collegiate goal. Just under a minute later, Tesar flipped in an underhand shot to make it 5-3 with 10:24 remaining in the half.

Haverford came back to tie again when it scored twice over a 49-second span late in the half. Valiant and Monaghan each notched their second tally of the game to make it 5-5 with 2:59 showing, and that held up as the halftime score.

The Bullets outshot the Squirrels 25-17 in the opening half while the two sides split their 12 face-offs.

Tesar put the Bullets back in front just past two minutes into the second half, racing in behind the cage on a restart before going high for his third goal of the day.

Haverford tied it for a third time with 8:52 on the third-quarter clock following a Max Hjelm goal. But the Bullets caught fire late in the quarter, scoring three times in a 2:38 stretch to go up 9-6. Sartory accomplished the hat trick with 5:01 on the clock, taking a feed from Tesar before going low on a straightaway shot, putting the Bullets on top to stay. Then, following a turnover in the Gettysburg zone, Ryan Fumai accepted a pass from Sartory before firing in a shot from the right doorstep to make it 8-6 with 4:40 left. J.C. Ward completed the run with an unassisted tally at the 3:23 mark to make it 9-6.

Gettysburg outshot Haverford 12-4 in the pivotal third quarter.

Haverford made it a two-goal game when Monaghan notched his second goal of the day, converting on a man-up opportunity with 6:29 left. But Danno Lynch provided an insurance tally when he scored with 2:13 left.

Joe Banno finished with seven saves for Haverford.