BRUNSWICK, Maine -- Bowdoin held Williams scoreless for a stretch of 33 minutes on its way to a 9-6 win on Sunday afternoon at Pickard Field.

The 14th-ranked Polar Bears have won five consecutive contests and improve to 7-1 (4-1 NESCAC) while the Ephs fall to 2-5 (1-4 NESCAC) with the loss.

Mark Flibotte continued his hot play, scoring four goals for the second consecutive day. Conor O'Toole had a goal and an assist while Franklin Reis and Will Wise had two assists each. Evan Dedominicis led Williams with two goals on the afternoon.

The Ephs sprinted to a 4-1 lead after one quarter of play thanks to three scores in the final 3:21 of the period. Bowdoin's defense locked down Williams from there, not allowing a goal and permitting just eight shots in the second and third quarters.

Meanwhile, the Polar Bear offense kicked into gear, scoring six consecutive goals to take the lead for good. Nathan Fritts drew Bowdoin within a goal, 4-3, with a score just before halftime. Billy Bergner tied the contest just 35 seconds into the third quarter and O'Toole, Flibotte and Dan Hanley finished off the run to give the hosts a 7-4 edge with 12:08 remaining.

After going 33:51 without scoring a goal, Dedominicis got Williams back into the scoring column with a marker at 11:16 of the fourth quarter. But Bowdoin responded with scores from Patrick Lawlor and Flibotte just 1:50 apart to put the contest out of reach.

Chris Williamson made ten saves in net for Bowdoin, including five in the fourth quarter. Sean Dougherty also had ten stops in goal for Williams. Brendan Hughes won 10-17 faceoffs and a had a team-high six ground balls for Bowdoin, who also got three caused turnovers and three ground balls from Matthew Egan. Greg White had two caused turnovers for the Ephs while Dougherty scooped a team-best five ground balls.

Bowdoin held a 34-28 edge in shots for the contest and earned a 32-22 advantage in ground balls. The Ephs went 1-6 with the man advantage while the Polar Bears went 0-5.