NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. -- No. 6 Merrimack came from one goal down with under a minute to go in regulation to defeat Saint Anselm on Tuesday, 11-10 in overtime. Greg Melaugh was the hero for the Warriors (9-2, 4-2 NE-10) as he buried the game-winning goal with 10 seconds remaining in the overtime period off of an individual move.

Melaugh scored three goals on the night. Corey Lunney continued his strong offensive play, finishing with three goals. Mike Perdie and Paul Jones finished off the night with three points as Perdie racked up three goals and Jones recorded a team-high three assists.

Lunney connected on the game-tying goal with 11 seconds remaining in regulation off of a Jamie Shand assist to push the game into overtime.

The Warriors and Hawks played a tightly contested opening period as both teams missed opportunities to break through with the opening goal. Then with 27 seconds remaining in the first, Melaugh found the back of the net after a strong individual move.

Paul Gallagher and Perdie extended the Warriors lead to three with a little more than 10 minutes remaining in the opening half. Jones was credited with the assist on both Warriors goals.

The Warriors 7-0 scoring run to open the first half was capped off with two goals by Lunney and a goal by DJ Brown. With the score 7-0 in favor of the Warriors, the Hawks responded with their first goal of the game as Jake Mallinson beat Morgan Green for his first of the game.

The Warriors led 7-1 at half as they dominated most statistical categories including outshooting the Hawks 30-5. The Warriors went 10-12 on clearing attempts but went 4-10 on faceoffs.

The second half did not start out how the Warriors wanted as the Hawks connected on the first four goals of the half, making the score 7-5 with 4:54 remaining in the third period. Perdie broke through with the Warriors first goal of the second half as he fired one past the Saint Anselm goalie after a perfect pass from Shand.

The Hawks responded with a quick goal to cut the Merrimack lead to two before Perdie opened up the fourth period with his third marker of the game, making the score 9-6 in favor of the Warriors.

The Hawks scored the next four goals, including a goal from Ryan Mee with 22 seconds remaining , to grab the 10-9 lead.

Merrimack closed out the game holding the 47-20 advantage in shots and forced 20 turnovers by the Hawks. The Warriors finished the night going 15-19 on clearing attempts and 12-25 on faceoffs.

Defensively Jimmy Holland scooped up five groundballs and caused one turnover while Peter Schielke continued his stellar play causing a team-high four turnovers. Maggio closed out the night going 10-20 on faceoffs and scooping up a team-high eight groundballs while Green improved to 9-2 on the season in the net.