Ben McIntosh scored his third goal of the game two minutes into the third overtime period as Drexel once again came from behind to win, this time with an 8-7 victory at No. 7 Hofstra. 

The Dragons (6-2, 1-0 CAA) opened the third overtime with a man advantage after Hofstra's (5-3, 1-1 CAA) Cody Solaja was called for a slash in the closing seconds. Drexel held the ball as the clock expired, ending the second extra period. The Dragons had three shots all go wide during the man-up situation before Robert Church set up McIntosh for the game winner. His shot from the left side rifled past Hofstra goalkeeper Chris Selva and gave Drexel its fifth come-from-behind win of the season.

Drexel trailed by three goals with eight minutes left to play before coming back to tie the game. McIntosh started the come back with a goal at the 7:55 mark of the fourth quarter. The score remained at 7-5 for the next six minutes as Hofstra was unable to get an insurance goal and Drexel was unable to beat Selva. With just 1:21 to play, Church lofted a pass over a defender to Frank Fusco, who scored from the doorstep to cut the lead to one goal.

The Dragons' Nick Saputo won the face-off and had a chance to tie it, but Selva made a big save. However, the Dragons came up with the loose ball and called time. When play resumed, Nick Trizano extended from the goal line and fed Ryan Belka 10 yards in front of the cage, who evened the score at seven with 43 seconds remaining.

Drexel fell behind by three goals on three occasions in the game. The Pride started the scoring 2:20 into the game. Drexel's Church was whistled for a holding penalty and Sam Linares capitalized with an extra-man goal for the Pride. The lead lasted less than a minute as Trizano answered with his 12th goal of the year. Hofstra controlled play for the second half of the period and went on a 3-0 run. Drew Coholan started the scoring with the Pride's second extra-man goal of the quarter at the 8:48 mark. Aaron Jones and Torin Varn added goals as the Pride took a 4-1 lead after 15 minutes of play.

Drexel was able to get back into the game with a strong second quarter. Church set up McIntosh, who scored from straight on to cut the lead to two goals. The Dragons made it a one-goal game when Aaron Prosser scored from the right wing for his eighth goal of the year. That goal was set up by Fusco with 4:56 left in the second. The Pride was able to take some momentum into intermission with a goal in the final minute. Drexel had possession trying to tie, but the Pride came up with a save and Coholan scored with just 10 seconds left in the half to make it a 5-3 Hofstra lead.

The Pride extended its lead back three goals after the third quarter. Varn picked up his second goal of the game for Hofstra early in the third period. He fired a low shot from the left side past Cal Winkelman into the right corner, making it 6-3. Church countered with a left-handed shot over the goalkeeper's right shoulder with 6:54 left in the period to cut the lead back to two goals. However, Coholan completed a hat trick when he went low from in close to put the Pride back up by three at 7-4.

Both goalkeepers played well for their respective teams and had career-highs for saves. Cal Winkelman made 12 saves for Drexel, including two in the extra periods. Selva had 16 saves for Hofstra. Each team had 51 shots in the contest. Church finished with three assists and four points to lead Drexel. Coholan had an assist to go along with his three goals for the Pride, who lost its consecutive one-goal decision.