MEDFORD, Maine -- Senior captain Andrew Fiamengo and sophomore Chris Schoenhut both scored three goals in the first half as No. 4 Tufts led 9-1 at intermission and went on to a 12-7 victory against Williams in New England Small College Athletic Conference action Saturday at Bello Field.

The victory was the seventh in a row for the Jumbos, who improved to 7-2 overall and 3-2 in the league. Five Jumbos had three points in the game, as Ben Saperstein, Beau Wood and Cole Bailey all finished with a goal and two assists.

The Ephs lost their second in a row, dropping to 3-5 overall and 2-4 in the NESCAC. Colton Growney and Steven Kiesel both tallied two goals with an assist in the game.

The Jumbos scored on the opening faceoff, with Fiamengo converting 26 seconds into the game. Tufts lead was 3-0 before Wiliams got on the scoreboard with 1:57 left in the first quarter when Growney passed to Jack Lauroesch for the goal.

That would be all for the Ephs in the first 30 minutes. Tufts scored the next six, including four in the final 4:20 of the second period to open a 9-1 lead. The Jumbos outshot the Ephs 23-8 in the first two quarters.

The teams split four goals in the third quarter, with Growney and senior tri-captain Evan Dedominicis scoring for Williams and long-stick Kane Delaney netting both for Tufts. The Jumbos led 11-3 heading into the fourth.

Kiesel scored all three of his points (two goals) in the fourth period for Williams.

The Jumbos won handily despite losing the faceoffs 18-5. Williams' David Lee finished 18-for-23.

Defensively, John Heard recorded two caused turnovers and scooped up two ground balls for Tufts, which had 10 players cause turnovers. Freshman goalie Alex Salazar won with eight saves. Bailey added six ground balls to his offensive output.

Ryan Hamilton and junior Stephen Upton both caused two turnovers for the Ephs, with Hamilton collecting three ground balls. Dan Whittam stopped 10 shots in the Williams goal.

Tufts finished with a 38-31 count in shots, though Williams won ground balls 36-30. The Jumbos held the Ephs without a goal on five extra-man opportunities and scored once in four of their own chances.