GETTYSBURG, Pa. -- No. 2 Dickinson jumped out to a big lead on Gettysburg and held off a late rally by the Bullets to remain unbeaten on the season with a 12-10 victory at the Battlefield.

The Bullets struck first, taking a 1-0 lead at the 9:46 mark on a goal by Martin Manilla. The Red Devils capitalized on a couple of Gettysburg penalties to answer with five consecutive goals to take a 5-1 lead at the end of the first quarter.

Junior Parker Waldron put the Devils on the board at the 7:44 mark to pull Dickinson even. Classmate Brian Gleason tallied back-to-back goals, finishing an assist from Brian Cannon and scoring a transition goal with an assist from long pole midfielder Brandon Palladino.

Nick Leon stretched the margin to 4-1 with an extra-man goal, scoring with just 28 seconds on the clock. The Devils won the ensuing face-off and Cannon scored with 11 seconds to play in the quarter.

Brett Parker scored off an assist from Will Scott, and Carter Moore won the face-off and scored just six seconds later to give Dickinson an 7-1 advantage with 12:40 to play in the half.

Cannon tallied another to put the Devils up 8-1 before a three-goal run by the Bullets cut the deficit to 8-4 at halftime.

The teams played scoreless through most of the third quarter before the Devils tallied a pair behind goals from Gleason and senior Matt Cherry, scoring in a span of just 27 seconds.

Palladino added another assist to Gleason and was looking for another off a face-off, following a Gettysburg goal with 1:29 remaining in the period to make the score 10-5 heading into the final quarter.

Leon opened the fourth with a goal from Leon as he finished an assist from first-year Chris Menard at the 13:58 mark. The Bullets countered at the 11:46 mark, capitalizing on a fast break.

Palladino had an opportunity to score with less than six minutes to play, dodging into the space on a clear save by Jon Maddalone, who turned the shot away.

Jimmy Morris tallied for Gettysburg to cut the margin to 11-7 with 4:30 remaining. The Red Devils were also flagged with a one-minute tripping penalty, giving the Bullets a man-up opportunity following the goal.

A turnover led to another Gettysburg goal, cutting the lead to 11-8, with 3:45 to play in regulation. The Devils spread the defense and Cherry found a lane to add some insurance with an unassisted tally at the 2:45 mark.

Maddox kept the Bullets in it, answering just 21 seconds later to make the score 12-9. Jameson Smith cut the deficit to just a pair, scoring on a feed with 1:41 on the clock.

The Devils forced a turnover after Gettysburg won the face-off, drawing a slash penalty with 54 seconds to play to earn a man-up advantage for remainder of regulation. The Bullets were able to gain possession, forcing a turnover with more than 30 seconds left, but the Red Devils held on for the 12-10 win.

Gleason recorded a hat trick with three goals on the day. Palladino caused four turnovers, controlled a pair of ground balls and handed out two assists with the long pole. Cannon added two goals and an assist while Cherry and Leon each found the net twice.

Senior goaltender Greg Hanley made 10 saves and picked up three ground balls. Moore won 12 face-offs, controlled four ground balls and scored his first goal of the season.