BALTIMORE -- Senior Cameron Flint scored the game-winning goal in overtime to propel No. 3 Denver to a 13-12 win against No. 5 Loyola Maryland on Saturday afternoon in front of 3,285 fans at Ridley Athletic Complex. The win was the Pioneers’ fifth in a row and brought their overall record to 10-2 on the season, 5-0 in Eastern College Athletic Conference action.

“This was a really tough game and a great deal of the credit needs to go to Loyola, because they never gave up and battled against us right to the last second,” head coach Bill Tierney said. “I thought out team played an outstanding first half, and that Loyola played an outstanding second half. I’m proud of the way our team responded when it came time to head into overtime. Our whole team stepped up when we needed them to and that is a mark of a good team.”

Flint finished the day with four goals, his consecutive four-goal game, while also finishing with three ground balls. Sophomores Eric Adamson and Wesley Berg both finished with two goals and two assists, while senior Eric Law netted two goals.

Also scoring for Denver was freshman Gordie Koerber, senior Taylor Young and sophomore Sean Cannizzaro with one goal each. Sophomore Garret Holst recorded two assists, while senior Chase Carraro finished with a season-high 16 ground balls and won a season-high 18 of 26 face-offs.

Sophomore goalie Ryan LaPlante made a career-high 18 saves in his first complete game since the Pioneers fell to Penn State earlier this season. LaPlante is now 7-1 on the season and has made 96 saves.

Loyola got on the board first to start the game, but the Pioneers answered with four consecutive goals from Young, Law, Berg and Flint to end the first quarter up 4-1.

After the Greyhounds scored to open the second quarter, the Pioneers scored two in a row as Flint and Berg both netted their second goals of the game to put DU up 6-2. Loyola answer with a goal from Davis Butts with 5:25 left in the second quarter, before Denver closed out the half with a goal from Flint, his third, and a goal from Law with five seconds remaining. The Pioneers took an 8-3 lead heading into the break.

After more than 10 minutes of scoreless action to open the third quarter, Loyola score with 4:22 remaining as Mike Sawyer scored off a pass from Justin Ward. Denver answered 21 seconds later as Cannizzaro scored his third goal of the season to put DU up 9-4. Loyola scored the final three goals of the quarter to cut into the Pioneers’ lead 9-7.

Adamson and Koerber both scored within a minute of each other to open the fourth quarter and give DU an 11-7 lead. However, Loyola scored two more minutes later to make it 11-9 with 9:20 left to play. Adamson scored his 20th goal of the season with 8:40 left to play to give the Pioneers a three-goal cushion, but the Greyhounds scored three consecutive to tie the game at 12 as the final minutes ticked off the clock to force the game into overtime.

After Carraro won the opening face-off of overtime, Flint picked up the ground ball and ran it down the field. With 16 seconds off the clock, Flint sliced a shot past goalie Jack Runkel for the game-winner.

Sawyer and Sean O’Sullivan led the Greyhounds with four goals each, while Josh Hawkins finished with two goals. Runkel made 13 saves on the day.