SALISBURY, Md. -- Salisbury captured the 2011 Capital Athletic Conference championship with a resounding 18-6 victory against Mary Washington at Sea Gull Stadium on Friday night.

The fifth-ranked Sea Gulls (16-2) have now claimed 11 overall CAC championships, including nine-straight since the 2003 season. With the victory, Salisbury earns the CAC's automatic bid to the upcoming NCAA tournament. The Sea Gulls are the reigning Division III women's lacrosse national champions.

The Eagles (13-7) tallied the game's first goal at the 28:07 mark, as Allie Kimmelman recorded a goal off an assist from Erin Murphy. The Sea Gulls responded with four-straight goals, including junior midfielder Allie Wheatley's goal off a feed from sophomore attacker Roxanne Raab. Murphy netted a goal with 15:34 to cut the lead to 4-2 before SU reeled off the next seven goals to close out the first half of play; the Sea Gulls would take a 11-2 lead into the halftime break.

Mary Washington's Katherine Kennedy struck with a free-position goal to open up the second half of play. Following a goal by SU junior midfielder Alyssa Fowler, the Eagles strung together three-straight goals to cut the lead to 12-6 in favor of the maroon and gold; Salisbury quickly ended the run and put the game out of reach, as the team tallied the next six goals to bring the score to its final, at 18-6.

Fowler posted a personal-best four goals in the victory; her one assist helped match her career high of five points, which dates back to the 2009 season. Wheatley and senior midfielder Aileen McCausland each netted three goals in the contest.

Salisbury senior goalkeeper Julie Ann Caulfield finished with one save in 43 minutes of action, while freshman goalkeeper Ashton Wheatley recorded five saves over the last 16 minutes of play.

Kennedy led the way for the Eagles with three points on three goals, while Murphy and Keller Torrey each scored one goal and handed out one assist.

Mary Washington goalkeeper Danielle Guigli recorded four saves in the first half of play, while Kathryn Stiltz staved off one SU shot in the second half of play.