HANOVER, N.H. -- Sarah Parks scored the game-winner with eight seconds left in overtime as No. 14 Dartmouth snapped No. 1 Maryland's 28-game winning-streak and knocked the Terrapins from the ranks of the unbeaten.

Dartmouth (11-3, 6-1 Ivy) had no letdown from its Ivy Championship-clinching win versus Harvard on Friday night, withstanding two second-half deficits to hand Maryland (18-1), the defending national champion, its first loss in more than a year.

On Senior Day, when all seven seniors were together in the starting lineup for the first time all season, Dartmouth got just its second win against Maryland and its first since 2005. Head coach Amy Patton is now 17-2 against her alma mater and the 2005 team ultimately advanced to the NCAA Final Four.

Dartmouth is 8-0 on Scully-Fahey Field this season and after playing in the Ivy League Tournament next weekend, hopes for an NCAA Tournament game at home.

Freshman goalie Kristen Giovanniello turned in another epic performance in goal, making 11 saves and grabbing three ground balls. Kat Collins led all scorers with four goals while Parks added three.

It was a tremendous display of lacrosse by two elite teams, with countless big plays on both ends of the field. Ultimately, Dartmouth's junior class made the big plays when it mattered, starting with a draw control at the beginning of the second three-minute overtime by Hilary Smith. Dartmouth held possession for the entire period and after losing the ball with 14 seconds to play, Sarah Plumb made a big play to pick up a loose ball inside the arc. She turned and found Parks alone in front of the goal, where Parks faked high and shot low to beat Dipper for the 9-8 lead. Dartmouth won the ensuing draw with just eight seconds to play and ran out the clock.

The game was back-and-forth early on. The teams were tied 2-2 with 14:30 to play in the first half. Dartmouth's goals came from Collins and Parks around scores by Katie Schwarzmann and Jen Mendez for the Terps. The goal by Parks started a 4-0 Dartmouth run to end the first half, and the Big Green got three scores within three minutes from Collins off a feed from Greta Meyer, Parks on a free position and Courtney Bennett. Dartmouth led 5-2 after an evenly-played first half.

Maryland came out on fire in the second half with Beth Glaros and Katie Schwarzmann scoring in quick succession to cut Dartmouth's lead to 5-4. Collins connected off a pass from Meyer at 25:39 to get the lead back to 6-4, but the Terrapins scored three unanswered goals in less than four minutes to storm to a 7-6 lead with 21:54 on the clock. Two of those, by Kristy Black and Schwarzmann, came on free positions.

Once again, the veteran Collins stopped the bleeding for the Big Green with an unassisted goal at 19:36 to tie the game up, 7-7. Maryland got the lead back seven minutes later when Mollison scored off a feed from Black at 12:23. The Terps won the ensuing draw and stalled for a full five minutes. Dartmouth made them pay, however, when Glaros finally shot and Giovanniello stonewalled her.

The teams traded possessions before a big free position save by Giovanniello with
5:05 on the clock started a Dartmouth breakaway. Just 21 seconds later, Hana Bowers scored the game-tying goal with 4:44 on the clock off a free position.

The Terps won the next draw control and Dartmouth had work to do. The defense played well, with Shannie MacKenzie, Hope McIntyre and Kelsey Johnson anchoring the efforts to keep Maryland from scoring the game-winner. Giovanniello made two saves in the final 30 seconds and the Big Green was able to hold on to send it to overtime.

Maryland had the ball starting the first three-minute period and tried to hold on to it, but Smith made a big play to turn the Terps over, starting the Big Green attack. However, Plumb sent a last-second shot wide. Dartmouth got the job done, thanks again to another big play to start the next three minutes by Smith. That would allow the Big Green to get possession to get the eventual win.