Turner Sports welcomes 2012 class of the NCAA Digital Internship Program
Turner Sports recently began the second year of the NCAA Digital Internship program with 11 college graduates participating for the upcoming year. The interns were chosen from a field of more than 1,000 applicants and hail from nine different college and universities and seven different states. The internship program, which is operated by Turner Sports Interactive and lasts for a period of 11 months, is designed to provide on-the-job learning experiences for college graduates who have a strong desire to pursue a career in the digital sports industry.
This year’s NCAA Digital Post Grad internship team includes:
• Jihad Ali * -- Operations (Master of Science in Sports Administration, Georgia State)
• Christa Bagley -- Marketing/Public Relations (Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Georgia Tech)
• Brendan Bryant -- Product (Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Saint Joseph’s)
• Paul Eagle -- Multimedia (Bachelor of Arts in Communication Media, NC State)
• Liz Farquhar -- Editorial (Bachelor of Arts in English, Guilford)
• Gabrielle McMillen -- Editorial (Bachelor of Arts in Magazine Journalism, Georgia)
• Kaitlin Miller -- Editorial (Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Northwestern)
• Samir Moussawel -- Editorial (Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Mercer)
• Catherine Sanders -- Product (Bachelor of Science in Science, Technology & Culture, Georgia Tech)
• Matthew Strickert -- Multimedia (Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Georgia State)
• Benjamin Wagner -- Multimedia (Bachelor of Arts in Telecommunications, Ball State)
The NCAA Digital interns have a first-hand opportunity to assist in covering and promoting the NCAA’s 89 Championships, as well as being involved in numerous projects surrounding the 2013 Division I Men’s Basketball Championship. The interns day-to-day focus and responsibilities are on the NCAA Digital portfolio which includes NCAA.com, March Madness Live (MML) and NCAA Mobile.
“Our NCAA Digital Internship Program provides an opportunity for recent college graduates to gain invaluable work experience in the sports media industry,” said Mark Johnson, Vice President of Business Operations, Turner Sports. “We’re thrilled to have this year’s class join our team.”
The Turner Sports and NCAA Internship Program is part of an initiative conceived from the 14-year television, internet and wireless rights agreement in which Turner manages and operates the NCAA digital portfolio and strengthens coverage of all 89 NCAA championships. NCAA Digital encompasses NCAA.com, March Madness Live (MML) and additional NCAA digital platforms including mobile web and applications, as well as other connected devices.