ONEONTA, N.Y. -- Oneonta State held No. 1 Christopher Newport to a 1-1 tie after two overtime periods on Friday.

Eric Fortier scored 11 minutes into the game, cruising past two Captain defenders with a shot from the top of the 18. The game remained a midfield battle into the second period until Christopher Newport's Brian Lybert set up teammate Brendan Cook with 12 minutes remaining in regulation.

Christopher Newport had six opportunities to secure the win in overtime, but none of the shots reached the back of the goal. Their best chance to score came off a corner kick that floated to the back post and headed on frame. Oneonta's goalkeeper Maxwell Siegelman came out of nowhere to parry the shot over the crossbar.

No. 4 St. Lawrence 1, Gordon 0
CANTON N.Y. -- Yanick Brown scored the game's lone goal 30:20 into the first half as No. 4 St. Lawrence won its fifth consecutive game to open the season 1-0 against Gordon.

The Saints, 5-0-0, dominated the game, but couldn't put more than one goal past Fighting Scott goalkeeper Ryan Coil, who made six saves and had some help from the post and his defense. SLU outshot Gordon 17-3 and the Fighting Scots did not get their first shot attempt until 11:40 to play and Saint goalie Brian Abernethy made his lone save with 23 seconds to go, going high to save a curving shot from outside the box by Andrew Vandervoort.

Mark Provost set up the Saints' goal as he made a run up the right side, crossing the ball to Brown who beat a defender at the top of the box and slid a shot under the arm of Coil and into the net from point blank range. It was the second goal of the season for Brown.

No. 5 Trinity 4, Redlands 1
SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- No. 5 Trinity scored three second-half goals to beat Redlands 4-1 Friday night.

Tiger All-America midfielder Zach Garcia put Trinity on the scoreboard, on a goal in the 14th minute. Forward Cameron Hogsett provided the assist.

The Bulldogs Cody Carlson evened the match-up with a goal four minutes later, and the score remained tied at 1-1 at halftime.

Josh Adams fired in a solo shot in the 50th minute for the Tigers, scoring the eventual game-winner and the first of two goals the senior midfielder. Adams knocked in his second just 10 minutes later to give Trinity a 3-1 lead. Adams leads the Tigers with six goals, and has now scored in each of the last three games.

Game information and photos compiled from athletic department websites.