OMAHA, Neb. -- No. 3 Creighton knocked off visiting Providence 3-0 on a wet Saturday night at Morrison Stadium on Saturday to remain perfect on the season. The Bluejays have now won each of their first six matches via shutout, snapping the Friars' own five-match winning streak and four-match shutout streak on the way to matching their best start since 2000. The six consecutive Bluejay shutouts tie the school record set in 2008.

Showing an early urgency on the attack paid immediate dividends for the Bluejays (6-0-0) as the were awarded a penalty kick just 3:35 into the match when Dion Acoff was taken down inside the box after settling a perfect feed from Jose Gomez on a forward run. All-American Ethan Finlay stepped forward to take the PK attempt and tucked it in for his third goal of the season and the Jays never looked back.

A corner kick in the 13th minute resulted in Greg Jordan's second diving header goal of the season and the Jays were up 2-0. A fantastic serve from Bruno Castro on the corner kick connected with the head of a diving Jordan for the score.

Finlay added a pretty insurance tally in the 76th minute, as he settled a perfectly placed ball from Castro with his chest and volleyed it to the left of a diving Jhojan Obando in goal for Providence.

No. 3 Louisville 4, Bulter 0
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- No. 7 Louisville defeated Butler 4-0 on Saturday evening in Cardinal Park in front of 3,128 fans. The Cardinals improve to 5-1-0 on the year while Butler falls to 3-2-1. The Cardinals had balanced scoring on the night with four different players finding the back of the net.

The Cardinals dominated play in the first half. Senior Mark Knight had two good chances to score early in the game but could not finish. Knight scored on a header in the 18th minute to put the Cardinals up 1-0. Andrew Farrell passed the ball to Nick DeLeon who crossed the ball inside the box to Knight for the header.

Louisville continued to control possession and five minutes later the Cardinals found the net again. Will Vitalis gathered the loose ball from 25 yards out and played a through ball to Michael Roman who found the lower right of the net for a 2-0 lead. Louisville continued to control the half but could not find the net again before the end of the half.

The Cards continued to hold possession for most of the second half. In the 70th minute Buck Tufty found the net for his second goal of the season to put Louisville up 3-0. Alexander Obbey found Colin Rolfe in the middle of the field who found Tufty up the right side line for the score.

Three minutes later Paolo DelPiccolo sent a corner kick inside the box to Rolfe. Rolfe's shot was deflected by the keeper and Chase Rodgers sent the rebound in from inside the penalty box to put the Cards up 4-0.