For the second consecutive contest, No. 1 UConn needed overtime to keep its win streak and perfect record alive in beating No. 8 Louisville 1-0. Junior captain Stephane Diop blasted home his first goal of the season 1:02 into the second overtime session and freshman Andre Blake made six saves to earn his eighth shutout of the season.

The Huskies withstood a steady attack from Louisville in the opening 15 minutes with a raucous Cardinal crowd of more than 4,500 in attendance. Louisville would finish the game with a 6-3 edge in shots on goal.

Both teams generated quality chances in the second half with Louisville's best opportunity coming at the discretion of the referees. The Huskies caught a break late in the contest with Louisville's Kenney Walker blasting a penalty kick well over the cross bar in the 82nd minute.

Diop gave UConn its second consecutive dramatic victory with his goal 1:02 into double overtime. Junior captain Carlos Alvarez gained possession on the left side of the box and headed the ball toward the net. A sliding tackle from a Louisville defender sent the ball to Diop on the left side. Diop took a few dribbles towards the center of the box and ripped a right-footed shot off the far post and in.

No. 4 Akron 3, Western Michigan 0
KALAMAZOO, Mich. -- Freshmen Aodhan Quinn and Luke Holmes combined for three goals and an assist to lead No. 4 Akron to a 3-0 victory at Western Michigan in the Mid-American Conference opener for both schools.

The Zips, who remained unbeaten on the season with a 7-0-2 overall record, put away the Broncos (3-7-0) early with all three goals coming in the first 30 minutes of the match. With the win, Akron extended its consecutive conference unbeaten streak to 32 games (30-0-2), which represents the sixth longest run in NCAA history.

Akron, which has now scored nine goals in its last three contests, outshot Western Michigan 13-6 for the game, including a 9-1 margin in the first 45 minutes and a 9-3 advantage on frame. Holmes led the team in shots for the second consecutive contest with five attempts.

No. 7 UC-Irvine 2, No. 10 UC-Santa Barbara 0
IRVINE, Calif. -- UC-Irvine snapped UC-Santa Barbara's 16-match home unbeaten streak with a 2-0 shutout Saturday.

UC-Santa Barbara (6-3-1, 0-2-0) forward David Opoku had a couple good runs at the net while 'Eater attacker Christian Hernandez countered with a few scoring opportunities. UC-Irvine (9-2-0, 1-1-0) had the shot advantage, 5-3, while both keepers had two saves. The action picked up early in the second half.

Both schools had shots in the first few minutes, but UC-Irvine would break the scoreless tie in the 67th minute. Miguel Ibarra was the beneficiary thanks to Jimmy Turner's fine footwork around a few Gaucho defenders. He kept the ball. Turner found Ibarra and he sped towards the goal launching a firm shot that glanced off a UC-Santa Barbara head and up-and-over the keeper into the net. The 'Eaters would find some more magic as Marco Franco found an opening and shot through it. He put the ball on net, and it was redirected ever-so-slightly by Lester Hayes III  in the 80th minute.

No. 9 New Mexico 2, UNLV 1
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Simply stated, the Lobos are a second-half team. In fact, they may actually be becoming the official definition of a second-half team. New Mexico has now gone five consecutive games in which they’ve scored all of their goals in the final 45, amassing a 4-0-1 record throughout those five games.

The ninth-ranked Lobos’ most recent victory came at the expense of the UNLV Rebels on Saturday night in a 2-1 decision that kicked off Mountain Pacific Sports Federation (MPSF) conference play. It marked the fourth come-from-behind effort for New Mexico in its last five games, and the Lobos’ third come-from behind victory. UNM has now not scored a first-half goal in nearly a full month, since its Sept. 9 contest against Columbia.

Game information and photos compiled from athletic department websites.