CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Rob Lovejoy sent a shot off the left post and into the side netting four minutes into overtime to propel No. 3 North Carolina (9-1-1) past in-state foe UNC Asheville (2-6-2, 2-1). The Tar Heels outshot the Bulldogs 35-5 in the overtime victory as they extended their unbeaten streak to seven.

The Tar Heels spotted the Bulldogs a goal 11 minutes into the second half when UNC Asheville's Bryan Bartels let a shot go from more than 35 yards out in the 57th minute.

Bartels sent a dipping shot to the left of goalkeeper Scott Goodwin who attempted to tip the ball away but was unable to reach the shot as the Bulldogs jumped out to a 1-0 lead on just their fourth shot of the night.

Asheville packed in the defense throughout the night forcing the Tar Heels to bring the action to them and Carolina did just that rattling off a season-high 35 shots on the night, including 17 on frame.

The Tar Heels finally broke through on the scoresheet in the 75th minute when leading scorer Billy Schuler added to his total, picking up his eighth of the year.

No. 1 Connecticut 3, Manhattan 0
STORRS, Conn. -- After back-to-back double-overtime victories, Connecticut earned a 3-0 result against Manhattan to improve to 11-0-0 (2-0-0 Big East). Junior Carlos Alvarez scored the game-winning goal just four minutes into the action. The Huskies have now tied the program record with eight consecutive shutouts set in 2009.

UConn is steadily approaching the NCAA record of 11 consecutive shutouts. Freshman keeper Andre Blake earned the victory and extended his shutout streak to 770:56.

A well-executed breakout led to Alvarez putting UConn on top early with his third goal of the season at 4:01. Senior Tony Cascio collected the ball in the midfield and sent a through ball down the left line to junior Stephane Diop. Diop played an early ball in to Alvarez streaking into the top of the box. Alvarez took a quick touch to his left and bent the ball cleanly into the bottom-left corner.

The Huskies would make it 2-0 at 17:45 when sophomore Juho Karppinen put home his first of the season. Senior back Nickardo Blake made a long run down the right side and sent a cross into the box from the end line. Manhattan keeper George Ellis dove to clear the attempt but the ball bounced to Karppinen who couldn't miss from eight yards out.

No. 2 Maryland 2, Rutgers 1 (OT)
COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- John Stertzer celebrated his birthday in style Tuesday night at Ludwig Field, scoring twice to lead No. 2 Maryland past Rutgers in overtime 2-1.

Stertzer scored the game-winning goal just seven minutes into the first overtime to propel the Terrapins to 11-0-1 on the season.

Rutgers (4-5-1) proved to be a formidable opponent defensively in the early goings, but Maryland broke through for the first goal in the 20th minute.

Freshman Jereme Raley curled a corner kick towards the near post and Stertzer flicked the ball past the outstretched hands of Rutgers goalkeeper Kevin McMullen to put the Terps ahead, 1-0.

The Scarlet Knights quickly answered just two minutes later, however, when Sam Archer collected a loose ball in the penalty area and finished past Maryland goalie Will Swaim for the equalizer.