INDIANAPOLIS -- A golden goal in the 102nd minute off the foot of Wes Oliver lifted Indianapolis to a 1-0 upset of No. 4 Northern Kentucky in a battle for the GLVC's top spot on Sunday afternoon.

UIndy nearly took a 1-0 lead about 16 minutes into the match, with a ball of the head of Ryan Barnett bouncing off the crossbar. The chance came off of a Bobby Adkins corner kick to the far side of the box.

The Greyhounds had a great chance with about two minutes left in regulation, with Brett Greubel sending a ball through on the near side to Adkins. The Norse keeper was drawn out, but Adkins' attempt went into the side of the net.

Oliver netted the game-winner at the 101:29 mark, sending a ball in the near side of the box across the frame and over the outstretched Norse keeper. Oliver's fourth goal of the season came on an assist from Micah Uemura.

The stingy UIndy defense is the first to hold Northern Kentucky scoreless since Lewis on Oct. 3, 2010. The overtime defeat is the Norse's first since a loss Dec. 5, 2008 in the NCAA semifinals to Dowling. The win is the Greyhounds' first over the Norse since Sept. 1, 2006, also a 1-0 overtime win.

NKU out-shot the Greyhounds 18-13 in the contest, and took five corner kicks to UIndy's four. Andrew Verhonik earned his first win in a UIndy keeper uniform with the victory, coming on in relief of Justin Roberts in the 64th minute. Roberts made three saves while Verhonik made two in the combined shutout effort. 

No. 1 Fort Lewis 1, UC-Colorado Springs 0
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Derek Freeman scored in the eighth minute as No. 1 Fort Lewis (12-0-0 overall, 8-0-0 in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference) defeated UC-Colorado Springs (6-6, 4-4) by a 1-0 score on Sunday afternoon at Mountain Lion Field.

Third-year FLC head coach Oige Kennedy said senior leadership factored into the victory, especially after losing captain and All-America defender Fabian Kling to a knee injury late in Friday's 1-0 win against No. 14 Metro State.

“We obviously had some adversity on Friday with the injury to Fabian,” Kennedy said. “Everybody rallied around him really well, especially our seniors. Thomas Hoang, Cory Dean, Ryan Wirth, Joey Madigan and Berekk Blackwell really stepped forward.”

The Skyhawks came out firing on all cylinders, eventually scoring when Alberto Capdepon-Rodriguez slipped a pass along the ground through the Mountain Lion defense to set up Freeman with a one-on-one opportunity.

The Skyhawks outshot the Mountain Lions 13-6 overall, 6-4 in shots on frame. UCCS goalkeeper Brandon Costa made five saves, while Wirth stopped four shots Fort Lewis.

Game information and photos compiled from athletic department websites.