CANTON, N.Y. -- No. 1 St. Lawrence survived Liberty League opponent Rensselaer 1-0 on a soggy afternoon at Sandy MacAllaster Field. Freshman Jamal Samaroo scored the lone goal less than 10 minutes into the second half, extending the Saints' win streak to 13 games.

With the win, the Scarlet and Brown remain unbeaten at 13-0-0 and move to 6-0-0 in Liberty League play, while the Engineers fall to 5-4-3 (1-2-2).

The two teams played to a 0-0 score at the intermission, though the Engineers kept consistent pressure on the Saints defense throughout the first half. Rensselaer, which outshot the home team 5-1 in the first 20:00 minutes of play, had its best chances to score in the 12th minute when junior Adam Updegrove fired a shot from beyond the 18-yard-box that ricocheted off the goal post. The ball then went directly to teammate Julian Coy, who one-touched toward the net, but right at St. Lawrence senior goaltender Brian Abernethy.

The Saints finally broke the scoreless tie in the 54th minute when junior forward Brian Gilloran dribbled the ball in towards the right post, slipped it in front of Rensselaer's goalkeeper Rob Dewald and found Samaroo crashing the net, who scored.

No. 2 Messiah 2, Lebanon Valley 0
Freshman Brian Ramirez broke a scoreless tie in the 77th minute as No. 2 Messiah defeated Lebanon Valley. The victory moved Messiah to 4-0 in the Commonwealth Conference.

The goal came off an assist by Ramirez's older brother Kent, who played the ball off a corner kick to the top of the 18.

It would be only three minutes later that Kent would put his own goal in the net. After receiving a quick pass from the midfield from senior Danny Thompson, Kent attacked left and curled his shot from 20 yards out to the far, right post. The ball was lofted perfectly over the outstretched arm of James Clements. Clements, who made six saves on the day for the Dutchmen, was unable to keep the ball from hitting the back of the net.

No. 3 Christopher Newport 3, Methodist 0
NEWPORT NEWS, Va. -- Methodist was shut out for the first time this season on Saturday as No. 3 Christoher Newport (12-0-1, 4-0-0)  topped the Monarchs (12-0-1, 4-0-0) 3-0.

Methodist came into the game averaging 2.42 goals per game and nearly 15 shots per contest, but the Captains defense managed to hold MU to just eight shots, two on-frame.

CNU got on the board first, as a defensive miscue from Methodist gave CNU a 1-0 lead with an own goal in the eighth minute of action. A through ball meant for senior Brian Lybert went long and the Methodist defender flicked it backward over the keepers' head into the goal.

Midfielder Michael Breske and Andrew Bonorden added goals to help keep the Captains' unbeaten streak alive.

No. 4 Amherst 3, Colby 0
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Three second-half goals allowed No. 4 Amherst to remain unbeaten, after shutting out Colby 3-0 to improve to 10-0-1 on the year and 6-0-1 in NESCAC play.

With the victory, the Jeffs extended their win streak against the Mules to 15, having last lost to Colby in 1997.

After a scoreless first half, forward Spencer Noon played a wide shot into the box, which found its way to Max Fikke, who calmly tapped it home to put the Jeffs on the board at 50:53.

Continuing to push forward in the 68th minute, left back Chris Lerner quickly helped Amherst transition from defense to offense, finding Federico Sucre in the middle of the field, who played the ball into the box, looking to link up with an on-coming Noon. Catching up to the lead pass, Noon beat a Colby defender before slotting the Jeffs’ second goal into the right side of the net, staking Amherst to a 2-0 cushion.

Less than 10 minutes later, the Lord Jeffs struck again, notching their third marker of the contest at 75:20. Senior T.J. Kelley got the play started by sending a ball from the right side into Sucre. Serving it toward the back post, Sucre again found a waiting Noon, who footed the ball into the Colby goal for his team-high eighth goal of the season.

Game information and photos compiled from athletic department websites.