CHICAGO, IL — Wilson Sporting Goods Co. announced today it has extended its partnership with the National Collegiate Athletic Association in soccer through 2021. Through this partnership, Wilson will supply teams competing in the NCAA Division I, II and III Men's and Women's Soccer Championships with NCAA-branded soccer balls. Wilson has been the Official Soccer Ball of the NCAA since 2008. Specific financial terms of the partnership extension were not disclosed.
“One of the most important and beneficial aspects of our partnership with the NCAA is working hand in hand with collegiate coaches and others in athletics to continually develop best-in-class soccer ball technology,” said Kevin Murphy, General Manger, Team Sports, Wilson. “It’s truly rewarding to create products that further enhance the tremendous skills of student-athletes and make the game more enjoyable to play.”
Wilson and the NCAA currently collaborate across five sports, including basketball, soccer, beach volleyball, football and tennis.
ABOUT THE WILSON NCAA FORTE FYBIRD II GAME BALL
- The Wilson NCAA Forte FYBrid II is the Official Soccer Ball of the NCAA Division I, II and III Men's and Women's Soccer Championships.
- This latest soccer ball from the brand combines innovative technologies, design, construction, engineering and materials for superior aerodynamic stability and control, and optimal performance. Key features include:
- Engineered geometric contact zones for more controlled, precise strikes with predictable ball flight.
- A technologically-advanced ball cover that offers players more control, and that minimizes water and moisture absorption for extended durability.
- A high-tech bladder that ensures a balanced, round shape with explosive rebound acceleration.
The Wilson NCAA Forte FYBrid II is approved for play by the NCAA, the Fédération Internationale de Football Association® (FIFA) and the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS). The ball is currently used by dozens of NCAA programs and high school conferences throughout the country.