No. 1 Messiah 2, Catholic University of America 1

WASHINGTON -- Messiah improved to 6-0 for the season to remain undefeated with a 2-1 win against Catholic University Saturday. The Falcons received goals from Joshua Wood and Jeremy Payne before the Cardinals came back with a goal of their own.

Wood was the first to tally in the game when he received a ball across the six-yard line from Aaron Myers in the 18th minute. That score is Wood's fifth of the season and would remain through the first half into the intermission. Wood has been the top-scorer for the Falcons this season and he is followed by four teammates with two goals each.

Messiah led in shots, 9-6, and collected five offside calls compared to the Cardinals' zero. Brandon West was forced to make two saves while his opposition, Torsten Meuschke, had to make seven.

Shortly after coming back for the second half, Payne found his way to the back of the net with a header off of a corner kick in the 49th minute from Brian Ramirez.

With 21 minutes still to go in the game, Catholic gave the Falcons a scare when Ian Smith got one past Brandon West on long shot from 25 yards out. However, the Falcons were able to hold off the Cardinals for the remainder to take the victory.

Catholic falls to 3-2-1 overall with the result.

Trinity (Conn.) 2, No. 2 Williams 1

HARTFORD, Conn. -- Senior captain Shaun McGann scored the game-winning goal in the 105th minute to complete the Trinity College men's soccer team (3-0-0, NESCAC 2-0-0) comeback to defeat No. 2 Williams (2-1-0, NESCAC 1-1-0) 2-1 in double overtime at Campus Field, Saturday afternoon.

The game winning goal came halfway through the second overtime period after some great dribbling skill was shown by senior Christian Carasquillo down the right wing, as he was able to win a corner for the Bantams. The ensuing corner was taken by sophomore Mark Perreault, whose cross deflected out to the top of the box, right to the feet of McGann who volleyed the ball first-time past Eph senior goalkeeper Peter Morrell.

The Bantams owned most of the possession in the first half, pressing the Ephs deep into their own defensive third from very early on. Carrasquillo was doing a majority of the attacking work for the Bantams, and it was his good work that led to the Bantams' first good chance in the 30th minute. After some strong build-up play from the midfield, Bantam freshman Cody Savonen slipped the ball into the box from the left flank to Carrasquillo whose shot was barely parried away in time by an in-form Morrell.

Trinity outshot Williams 19 to 11, with 11 of them on goal for Trinity and six for Williams. Muralles picked up his second yellow card of the season for a foul early in the second half. Later, he was joined by Bantam senior John El-Hachem and Savonen in the book. Peter Morrell recorded 9 saves to Quade's 5, and Williams had 8 corners to Trinity's 7.

No. 3 Stevens Institute 4, NYU 1

HOBOKEN, N.J. -- Four players recorded goals and two more added assists as No. 2 Stevens Institute cruised to a 4-1 non-conference victory against previously unbeaten and cross-river rival NYU Saturday night in front of a raucous crowd of more than 500 at the De Baun Athletic Complex.

The Ducks jumped on the board at 26:12 when senior forward Stephen Dunbar netted his second goal of the season thanks to a precision pass from classmate Curtis Stecyk. On the play, Stecyk hit Dunbar with a through-ball and Dunbar absolutely drilled his shot in the lower-left corner.

Stevens closed the door in the second half, scoring twice in the first 5:43 of the period to open a 3-0 lead. Junior midfielder Matteo Sturla was twice denied in close on the right post before sticking with it and getting his second goal of the year. Moments later it was sophomore Carson Pryor scoring his team-high fourth of the season on the back of a gorgeous through-ball down the right seam from sophomore midfielder Harrison Kane.

In the 67th minute, with the Ducks already up 3-0, junior midfielder Kevin Calloway attacked a loose ball and one-touched a missile into the upper-right-90 of the cage. The marker was the first of Calloway's career.

NYU scored in the 79th minute, but it was not enough as the Ducks took home the 4-1 win.

Stevens ended with a 16-4 margin in shots and a 7-2 edge in corners. Senior Paul Killian earned the win in goal and was credited with one save on the night.

Susquehanna 1, No. 4 York (Pa.) 0

SELINSGROVE, Pa. -– Junior Kyle Semmel scored in the 74th minute, lifting Susquehanna to a 1-0 upset victory against No. 4 York (Pa.) on Saturday afternoon.

Semmel took a feed from sophomore Gannon Keller and buried the shot in the lower corner past York’s keeper for his fourth goal of the year, all in the previous three matches.

Goalkeeper Matt Salsman made a crucial save in the waning seconds to keep the Spartans off the board and retained the clean sheet. The senior netminder played the entire match, making four stops.

Semmel led SU offensive attack with three shots off the bench. Patrick Fry, Joe DeLuca and Ryan Donlevie all registered two shots apiece.

The match was evenly played and testy throughout, with 17 total fouls being called and two yellow cards issued. York (4-1) held a 15-10 shots advantage but SU recorded more corners, 7-5.

No. 22 Hope 3, No. T6 Dominican (Ill.) 0

RIVER FOREST, Ill. -- The Flying Dutchmen (4-1-1 overall) won their fourth consecutive match. They beat then fourth-ranked Wheaton (Ill.) College on Sept. 7 at home.

Hope scored three times during the second half.

Muller, a forward from Petoskey, netted two of them to give him three on the season. He scored on assists from junior midfielder Cameron Dice of Allendale both times — in the 55th and 83rd minutes, respectively.

Sophomore midfielder/forward David Porte had Hope's second goal. He scored off an assist from senior back Grant Neil in the 65th minute.

Goalie Ethan Beswick recorded five saves to earn the shutout.

No. 8 Ohio Northern 3, Berry 1

ADA, Ohio -- No. 8 Ohio Northern remained undefeated for the 2013 season, with a 3-1 victory against Berry on Saturday afternoon at the ONU Soccer Field.

The Polar Bears are now 6-0-0 on the season, while the Vikings fall to 2-3-1.

Northern struck first in the 22nd minute, when junior Zach Myers sent a ball in the box that freshman Dustin Lorenzo put in the net for his first goal of the season.

Berry would answer back just before the half and tie the game at 1-1, on a goal by Grant Cooksey.

Freshman Matt Kinkopf would put ONU back on top 2-1, with his team leading fourth goal of the season at the 61:36 mark.

Freshman David Janusz added an insurance goal in the 76th minute, when he took a pass from freshman Tommy Troy and blasted it into the back of the net.

The Vikings outshot the Polar Bears 13-10, but ONU took five shots on goal while Berry took four.

No. 9 Amherst 3, Bowdoin 0

AMHERST, Mass. -– Ninth-ranked Amherst claimed its fourth consecutive win Saturday afternoon with a 3-0 victory against NESCAC foe Bowdoin. The win extended the Jeffs' unbeaten streak to 24 games dating back to last season.

With the win, the Jeffs improved to 4-0 on the season and 2-0 in the NESCAC. The Polar Bears dropped to 1-2 overall and 0-2 in the conference.

Amherst came out strong to start the game and rallied off six consecutive shots before Ben Norton found the back of the net off an assist from Nico Pascual-Leone. It didn’t take long for the Jeffs to add another goal to the scoreboard. Just under seven minutes later, Greg Singer put another one past the Bowdoin goalkeeper seconds after a blocked shot attempt from Mikey Hoeksema.

Amherst missed on two opportunities later in the half that would have increased their lead to four. A corner kick from Nico Pascual-Leone went right to Gabriel Wirz  who headed the shot wide left. In roughly two and a half minutes later, Elliot Cassutt was in the circle for a great opportunity on net but missed high as the Jeffs held a 2-0 advantage at the break.

The Polar Bears had a chance to cut the deficit to one early in the second half after an accurate cross field pass to Cedric Charlier inside the circle but Thomas Bull  made a diving save to protect the 2-0 lead. The shot bounced off Bull’s hand right to a Bowdoin player but fortunately for the Jeffs, Matt Dias Costa’s shot went right and missed an open net.

Later in the half, Bubba Van Wie made a great steal and even better shot from the left side of the field over the goalies head, hitting the top right of the net to put Amherst ahead 3-0 with 19 minutes to play. The deficit was too much for Bowdoin to overcome as the Jeffs earned their fourth win of the season.

Amherst held a 15 to two advantage in shots and finished the game with a total of 24 while Bowdoin tallied six and just one on goal. The Jeffs also lead in corner kicks with six to the Polar Bear’s three.