MILWAUKEE, Wis. -- Senior forward Melissa Henderson scored in the ninth minute and Notre Dame used a stellar defensive performance to defeat No. 5 Marquette 1-0 in a Big East Tournament quarterfinal match on a rainy Sunday afternoon at Valley Field. 

Notre Dame (10-6-3) jumped out to an early 1-0 lead in Sunday's quarterfinal. Jazmin Hall started the scoring play by latching on to a ball on the left side of the attacking third and charging down the channel. Just before she got to the top left corner of the box, she drove a left-footed cross into the heart of the penalty area, where Henderson found space at the top of the six-yard box and snapped a header inside the left post past a diving Natalie Kulla in the ninth minute of play.

Notre Dame nearly doubled its lead four minutes later. Senior defender Molly Campbell lofted a corner kick from the far left flag, with the ball sailing toward the back post. Freshman defender Sammy Scofield came racing in and met the cross almost perfectly with a right-footed volley from 10 yards out that beat Kulla, but clanged hard off the crossbar before being swept away from danger.

The Fighting Irish almost added an insurance goal in the 84th minute, as Campbell's free kick from the left channel pinballed around the penalty spot before Henderson collected the loose ball at the right edge of the six-yard box, but her quick shot was denied by the right post before going wide over the by-line.

At the 87:30 mark, Notre Dame had another opportunity to build onto its lead, as sophomore forward Mandy Laddish squared off a pass at the edge of the attacking third to sophomore midfielder Elizabeth Tucker, who was streaking down the left side. The ball hopped on Tucker just as she entered the penalty area and her rushed shot sailed over the crossbar.

Marquette would have one final chance to draw level with one minute remaining, earning a free kick just across midfield and to the left of the circle. However, Katie Hishmeh's service looked to get caught up in the crosswinds whipping through Valley Field, and the ball twisted well wide right and over the by-line for a goal kick, effectively ending the match.

No. 1 Stanford 2, Oregon 0
EUGENE, Ore. -- Teresa Noyola scored two goals and the Stanford defense delivered its 12th shutout to enable the No. 1 Cardinal to beat Oregon 2-0 in Pac-12 action on Sunday afternoon.

Stanford (18-0-1 overall, 10-0 Pac-12), playing in its final road match of the season, had clinched its third consecutive Pac-12 title on Friday. With the loss Oregon dropped to 8-9-2 on the season and 3-6-1 in conference play..

Noyola had her first multi-goal performance in two years and third of her collegiate career. The senior midfielder opened the scoring in the 14th minute when a long ball from central defender Alina Garciamendez set Noyola up one-on-one against Oregon goalkeeper Lindsay Parlee. Noyola got a low cross-goal shot off at close range only for it to be cleared by an Oregon defender an instant after the ball crossed the goal line.

In the 47th minute, Mariah Nogueira played a ball back to Noyola after a corner kick and Noyola's shot from above the penalty area scored inside the left post. The goals were her seventh and eighth of the season.

Stanford sophomore goalkeeper Emily Oliver earned her seventh shutout and moves alone into sixth on the school's career shutout list, with 17.

Stanford extended its regular-season unbeaten streak to 61, its Pac-12 winning streak to 30, its road (non-neutral) unbeaten streak to 28, its overall unbeaten streak to 19, and its Pac-12 road winning streak to 16. 

No. 3 Pepperdine 2, Portland 1
MALIBU, Calif. -- No. 3 Pepperdine scored two goals late in the first half to rally past visiting Portland 2-1 on Sunday afternoon. The tying goal was scored by freshman Lynn Williams and the go-ahead goal was netted by Laura Cole off a penalty kick. With the win the Waves improve to 14-1-4 on the season and 6-1-0 in West Coast Conference play.

After falling behind 13 minutes into the match off a Portland goal by Micaela Capelle, the Waves had to fight to get back into the game as they were behind for only the fourth time all season. The squad slowly found their rhythm and pushed the Pilots back into their defensive third of the field.

In the 37th minute Michelle Pao made a streaking run down the right side of the field and passed it off to Williams who took a touch and fired a low, hard shot across the front of the goal that slotted right into the left corner of the net. The goal, her sixth of the season, tied the game up at 1-1.

The Waves continued to force things on the offensive side, and in the 42nd minute Michelle Manning was fouled in the box and the Waves were awarded a penalty kick. Cole  finished off the penalty to give the Waves a 2-1 lead heading into halftime.

At the half Roxanne Barker had two saves and despite the early deficit the Waves outshot the Pilots 7-4.

In the second half the Waves picked up where they left off as Cole and Myriah Stockman had two excellent scoring opportunities that narrowly missed finding the back of the net. Cole's shot in the 50th minute sailed over the goal and at the 58:23 mark Stockman launched a shot that hit off the crossbar. In the 61st minute Cole was a part of a strong give-and-go play, but Pilots' goalkeeper Hailee DeYoung was able to make the save.

The Pilots pushed things at the end of the game to try for the equalizer, but Barker and the Waves' defensive back line held strong to hold the 2-1 victory.

The Waves outshot the Pilots 17-9 in the game and earned five corner kicks to their four. Barker finished with four saves to earn her 14th win of the season.

No. 6 UCLA 1, Utah 0
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah -- Bruin senior Sydney Leroux's golden goal in the eighth minute of overtime was the difference on Sunday, as second-ranked UCLA notched a 1-0 victory against Utah on Sunday afternoon.

Leroux, who led all players with five shots, put the game away on a 22-yard shot to the bottom-left corner at the 97:40 mark. Bruin freshman Sarah Killion was credited with the assist. Leroux, who also recorded three goals in the team's 8-0 victory against Colorado on Friday, has now scored seven goals in the team's last four matches. She leads the team in scoring with 29 points.

UCLA (14-1-3, 7-1-2 Pac-12) also had several chances to score in regulation on Sunday. Ariana Martinez hit a shot off the post just before halftime, and Chelsea Cline struck another off the post in the 72nd minute.

The Bruins held Utah (9-9-1, 5-5 Pac-12) to just four shots during the game. UCLA's defense notched its 12th shutout in 18 matches this year. Bruin goalkeeper Katelyn Rowland played the entire match in goal, making two saves on the afternoon.

No. 10 Santa Clara 4, Loyola Marymount 0
LOS ANGELES -- No. 10 Santa Clara (13-1-5, 6-0-1 WCC) topped Loyola Marymount (7-10-2, 1-6-1 WCC) by a score of 4-0 on Sunday afternoon. Bridgett Miller tallied a goal for the fourth consecutive game as the Broncos won their fifth game in a row.

Santa Clara was denied denied twice in the first 15 minutes of the game by LMU goalkeeper Brittany Jagger. The first chance came in the fifth minute when Julie Johnston took the first shot of the game but Jagger was able to make the save. In the 15th minute Sarah Jackson had a shot on goal but again Jagger came up with the save and the game remained scoreless.

In the 30th minute the Lions fouled Santa Clara inside the penalty box resulting in a penalty kick. Meleana Shim took the kick and found the back of the net to put the Broncos up 1-0. It was the fourth goal of the season for Shim and her second goal on a penalty kick.

The second half started out quickly for Santa Clara as they scored two goals in the first five minutes. In the 47th minute Sarah Jackson centered a ball into the box that Miller headed past the goalkeeper to make the score 2-0.

Three minutes later, in the 50th minute, Margueritte Aozasa scored her second goal of the season to make the score 3-0 in favor of the Broncos. Aozasa took a shot from the top right corner of the box from 20 yards out that beat the keeper.

In the 65th minute Sofia Huerta rocketed a shot from the left wing that found the net to push the score to 4-0. The goal was the eighth of season for Huerta, with all eight goals coming in the month of October.

Santa Clara All-American goalkeeper Bianca Henninger did not have many chances but she made them count when the ball came her way. Her first save came in the 56th minute off of a shot from Erin Rememnter. In the 67th minute Henninger made a diving save off of a shot from Brittney Sanford to keep the shutout in order. With just under 20 minutes left in the game Molly Mettler came in to replace Henninger and she held the Lions scoreless the rest of the way to preserve the shutout.

Game information and photos compiled from athletic department websites.