BOSTON -- Boston University was triumphant in its first ever NCAA tournament home contest on Saturday afternoon, posting a 3-0 first-round victory against Harvard at Nickerson Field to advance to the NCAA Second Round for the third time in program history.

Sophomore Kylie Strom opened the scoring in the 28th minute and freshman Ana Cuffia registered her first collegiate goal under 10 minutes later to give the Terriers a 2-0 halftime lead.
An own goal by Harvard in the second half pushed the Terriers' lead to 3-0 and senior Alice Binns stopped all four shots she faced on the day to seal the shutout.

BU (19-2-1) now advances to the second round for the first time since 2005 and will visit Wake ForestĀ  on Nov. 18.
The Terriers completed a perfect 13-0-0 record at Nickerson Field and will enter Friday's second-round contest on a program-record 14-game win streak, breaking the record of 13 set by last year's squad.

Harvard (12-5-1) held a 14-12 advantage in shots, but the Terriers recorded seven shots on goal to the Crimson's four. The Crimson earned seven corner kicks while giving up six to BU and got a four-save performance from freshman Bethany Kanten.

A free kick just inside the Harvard end set up the first goal, which came at 27:18. Senior Lina Cords took the kick and placed in right in the middle of the box, where classmate Tiya Gallegos got in the air and got just enough of the ball to set up an open look for Strom, who drove it home for her eighth goal of the season.

Just seconds after coming off the bench, Cuffia made it a 2-0 contest at 36:43 when she snuck the ball past Kanten off a cross from the left side by senior Jessica Luscinski.

The assist gave Luscinski 82 career points (29g, 24a) to takes sole possession of second place on BU's all-time scoring list. She also is now one assist shy of tying Meghan Cook's school record of 25.

Boston University was able to find the back of the net one more time off a corner kick in the second half. Strom headed a shot off a corner try by sophomore Emma Clark, but in an attempt to clear away the ball, a Harvard defender headed it into her own goal at the 61:38 mark.