WEST CHESTER, Pa. – Saint Rose scored three goals in four and a half minutes during one stretch of the first half and rode that momentum to a 4-1 victory against host West Chester in a Division II Women’s Soccer Tournament quarterfinal match Sunday on South Campus.

West Chester (15-5-1) saw its 2012 season come to a close at the hands of Saint Rose (20-2-2) in the quarterfinals for the second time in three years. The Golden Rams fell behind 4-0 in the contest and could not recover.

Molly Harpster scored from the top of the penalty area following a corner kick in the 23rd minute to get things started for the Golden Knights. Carmelina Puopolo then dribbled down the far side and let a blast from the 18-yard line go across the goal mouth that found the side panel of the net just under two minutes later.

Puopolo then fed Sydney Bond, who snuck in behind the defense on the right side, almost two minutes later to put Saint Rose on top, 3-0, heading into halftime.

Michaela Phillips then banged home a loose ball in front of the goal off a corner kick seven minutes into the second half.

West Chester’s Erika Schrock headed in a corner kick from Carly Yost in the 62nd minute to put the Rams on the scoreboard. Despite trailing by three goals, the Golden Rams applied pressure in the second half and had their opportunities.

Senior Melissa McKeary let go a shot from the left side of the penalty area that the Saint Rose goalkeeper, Jessica Gerski, reached behind her and grabbed out of the air. McKeary later hammered a shot from almost the same area that just went over the crossbar. Cara Deola also had a golden opportunity when she dribbled along the end line, stepped out in front and went high with her shot that Gerski punched over the crossbar and out of play.

Gerski finished with six saves in the contest while Shannon Fedyk had four for the Golden Rams.

Saint Rose advances to the national semifinals for the fifth consecutive season. The defending national champions will go to Evans, Ga., with an opportunity to win their second consecutive national title.