DENVER, Colo. -- UC San Diego played to its fourth consecutive overtime match this postseason, ultimately advancing past Colorado Mines in a 6-5 penalty kick shootout and into the NCAA semifinals. Sunday's NCAA quarterfinal at Metro State finished in a scoreless draw through 90 minutes of regulation and 20 minutes of overtime.

For head coach Brian McManus, who moved into the all-time lead for NCAA Division II wins with the 2-1 overtime victory against Western Washington on Friday, this marks 15 semifinal appearances in 26 seasons at UC San Diego.

The Orediggers, Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC) and South Central Region champions, finished the season 18-4-2.

UCSD had the first shot of the game in the first five minutes. Senior midfielder Jessica Wi took a short pass from Cassie Callahan, dribbled down the right wing, but her shot went wide. In the next 11 minutes, Ellen Wilson and Callahan had long-distance shots go high over the crossbar.

The first shot on goal came from senior Aubrey Bagley in the 19th minute, but Triton goalkeeper Kelcie Brodsky made the save. Izzy Pozurama followed that up with UCSD's first shot on goal seconds later, which goalkeeper Jayln Yates saved.

In the 30th minute, senior Megan Woodworth took a free kick that Brodsky was able to tip with some difficulty over the bar. On the ensuing corner kick, Brodsky caught the header by Rachael Turner.

In the second half, The Orediggers' Anna Evans dribbled through the middle and took a shot in the 51st minute that was blocked by Wilson.

In the 63rd minute, Hayley Johnson hit a corner kick from the right that went wide of the far post. The second half came to a close with the teams still tied at zero.

Through two overtimes, neither team was able to capitalize on an attempt, leading to the penalty kick shootout.

Freshman Kelcie Brodsky saved three attempts in the tiebreaker, as the finally score showed a 6-5 edge to the Tritons. Senior Alexa Enlow stepped up to bury the decisive kick. With the result officially a tie, UCSD moved to 16-2-4.

Brodsky finished the match with six saves. Yates made seven stops for CSM. The Orediggers ended with a 19-15 shot advantage.