FORT WORTH, Texas – Tori Waldeck's 65th-minute goal was the difference as the #9 Pepperdine's women's soccer team earned one of the best road wins in program history and handed #5 TCU its first loss on Thursday evening, 1-0.
Through a back-and-forth game the Waves improved to 8-1-0 on the season and have continued to outshoot their opponents for the ninth game in a row with 18 shots and nine being on target while allowing TCU (7-1-0) only 10 attempts with four on target.
Pepperdine 65': Redshirt senior forward Joelle Anderson (San Jose, Calif./Harker School) sent a pass from the outside circle downfield, which bounced off a TCU defender. The ball landed just ahead of Waldeck (Newhall, Calif./Hart HS) who sent a right foot shot between two TCU defenders to the back of the net for her third goal of the season.
- Shots: Pepperdine 18, TCU 10
- Shots on goal: Pepperdine 9, TCU 4
- Saves: Zoe Clevely (Pepperdine) 4, Lauren Kellett (TCU) 8
- Corner kicks: Pepperdine 6, TCU 6
- Fouls: Pepperdine 4, TCU 4
- Offsides: Pepperdine 1, TCU 4
- It's the third time in program history, but the first time since 2003, that the Waves have beaten a top-five team on the road (#3 Portland in 2002 and #4 Stanford in 2004).
- With today's win, the Waves have won their first six road games for the first time in program history.
- The Waves have now defeated TCU for the third time in program history (3-0 home in 2002 and 3-2 away in 2005).
- Pepperdine continues its best start since 2005 (8-0-1).
- Waldeck and Carlee Giammona (Las Vegas, Nev./Palo Verde HS/Alabama) both had five shots.