FSU 5, Auburn 0 May
FSU 5, Auburn 0May 20, 2005
* Baylor is now 48-12 on the season.
* Starting pitcher Lisa Ferguson pitched a three-hit complete game shutout, her second of the shutout of the season.
* Shortstop Kim Wilmoth extended her hitting streak to four games.
* With the win, the Bears snap a two-game losing streak, their longest of the season.
* Baylor is now 5-4 lifetime against teams at the Auburn Regional.
* The Bears are now 38-1 on the season when out-hitting opponents, 37-5 in non-conference games, 20-3 at neutral sites, 17-5 in night games, 46-10 vs. right-handed pitchers, 11-4 in one-run games, 12-5 in shutouts, and 20-4 when committing no errors.
Florida A&M Notes
* Danielle Brown's single in the fourth inning extended her current hitting streak to seven games.
* Monique Mattingly tossed her ninth complete game of the season and had a shutout through 3 2/3 three and two-thirds innings.
* All three Lady Rattlers who reached base on hits advanced into scoring position. All three were left on base.
* Florida A&M had won four of its last five games heading into NCAA Tournament play.
* The Lady Rattlers are now 1-9 all-time in NCAA postseason games. They are currently in a 5-game NCAA postseason losing streak dating back to 1997.
* It was the 11th time this season FAMU was shutout.
* FAMU is now 3-29 when trailing after four innings, 2-22 when trailing after five innings and 0-22 when trailing after six innings. The Lady Rattlers are now 37-32 overall.
Florida A&M Quotes
Head Coach Veronica Wiggins
"It was a very good game. Baylor is a competitive team. We didn't have our best offensive game tonight. The defenses played very well for both teams."
On pitcher Monique Mattingly
"Monique Mattingly has been our number one and number two pitcher all season. She's stepped up and did what we needed."
on losing 1-0...
"Monique Mattingly made strikeouts when we needed them. We have to show up tomorrow or we go home."
P Monique Mattingly
on her game plan...
"My plan was to keep my pitches off the plate. I knew I would be facing good hitters. I just wanted to do my job and keep everyone in the game."
Head Coach Glenn Moore
"We are advancing and that is most important. It wasn't pretty, but still pretty good. Lisa (Ferguson) came through and had a great game pitching and the whole team played well defensively. Their pitcher (Monique Mattingly) came at us and pitched a great game, but we were able to come through."
On Florida A&M Monique Mattingly...
"Her drop ball had a lot more movement than anything we have seen before. We had to adjust our swing and move up in the box, but we just couldn't seem to adjust enough. But we kept battling and had good pitching and defensive and eventually were able let some of he pressure off with out one run."
P Lisa Ferguson
"I knew I needed to keep shutting them down and keep fighting on defense and let the offense come through."
-- Courtesy Auburn