#4 Colorado School of Mines 5, #5 Truman
#4 Colorado School of Mines 5, #5 Truman State 1May 6, 2005
BOLIVAR, MO.-- Keeping their season alive, the Colorado School of Mines took a commanding win over Truman State University, 5-1. CSM fought back in doubles play to take a 2-1 lead.
In doubles, CSM was down 4-3 in both the #1 and #2 doubles matches but fought back to win the #1 match 8-5. They fell in the #2 match 8-6 but won the in #3 doubles, 8-1.
Matt Rychlik and Almed Sejati teamed up and made the comeback in the #1 doubles match. TSU's Tyler Wood and Ryan Cope held a 4-3 advantage but CSM fought back for a 6-5 lead en route to the 8-5 win. Truman State won their only match in #2 doubles. Brad Martin and Sean Cooper held off a fighting Jordan Revielle and Stefan Revielle, 8-6, for the lone point.
The Mines made quick work in singles play as they won the #1, #2, and #5 singles matches. Rychlik was the first winner with a 7-5, 6-1 win over Wood and then Andrey Vasiliev took the #2 match, 6-4, 6-3 over Brad Martin. Stefan Revielle finished off the win for CSM with a 6-2, 6-0 win at #5 singles.
Colorado School of the Mines will now play the winner of the Southwest Baptist/Winona State University match at 10 a.m. on Saturday.
Tennis Match Results
#4 Colorado School of Mines 5, #5 Truman State 1
1. Rychlik,Matt (CSM) def. Wood,Tyler (TSU) 7-5, 6-1
2. Vasiliev,Andrey (CSM) def. Martin,Brad (TSU) 6-4, 6-3
3. Sejati,Almed (CSM) vs. Cope,Ryan (TSU) 3-6, 4-4, unfinished
4. Revielle,Jordan (CSM) vs. Cooper,Sean (TSU) 6-3, 4-2, unfinished
5. Revielle,Stefan (CSM) def. Taylor,Brett (TSU) 6-2, 6-0
6. Syrjanen,Teemu (CSM) vs. Jones,Steve (TSU) 5-7, 2-1, unfinished
1. Rychlik,Matt/Sejati,Almed (CSM) def. Cope,Ryan/Wood,Tyler (TSU) 8-5
2. Martin,Brad/Cooper,Sean (TSU) def. Revielle,Jordan/Revielle,Stefan (CSM) 8-6
3. Vasiliev,Andrey/Dunn,Ben (CSM) def. Jones,Steve/Pusateri,Cody (TSU) 8-1
Truman State 11-10; Regional ranking #5
Colorado School of Mines 18-10; Regional ranking #4 First Round NCAA Tournament - North Central Region - Bolivar, Missouri
Host - Southwest Baptist University
CSM took a 2-1 lead after doubles...TSU had a 4-3 lead in both #1 and #2 doubles but fell 8-5 in #2 doubles.
Official: Cecil Wise
-- Courtesy Southwest Baptist University