UC Santa Cruz 6, Redlands
UC Santa Cruz 6, Redlands 1May 8, 2005
UC Santa Cruz defeated The University of Redlands 6-1 in the second round of the NCAA DIII mens' tennis championships to advance to the finals which will be held at UC Santa Cruz, May 18-23.
Due to rain, the match was held indoors at Club Sport in Pleasanton.
The University of Redlands jumped out to a quick start winning 2 of 3 doubles matches and the point. However, UCSC won all six singles matches to earn the victory.
1. Redlands: Michael Thoeresz/Drew Elling def UCSC: Matt Brunner/Matt Seeberger (8-4)
2. UCSC: Kevin Casey/Kellen Ali-Christie def Redlands: Ashwin Bhargava/Eric Wagar (8-6)
3. Redlands: Robert Vincent/Chandler Lutz def UCSC: Andrew Cohen/Bryce Parmalee (8-6)
1. Matt Seeberger (UCSC) def Michael Thoeresz (Redlands) 2-6, 6-4, 6-0
2. Kevin Casey (UCSC) def Drew Elling (Redlands) 6-0, 6-2
3. Shane Templeman (UCSC) def Ashwin Bhargava (Redlands) 6-2, 7-5
4. Andrew Cohen (UCSC) def Robert Vincent (Redlands) 6-2, 6-4
5. Matt Brunner (UCSC) def Chandler Lutz (Redlands) 7-6, 7-6
6. Kellen Ali-Christie (UCSC) def Eric Wagar (Redlands) 6-0, 6-3