KALAMAZOO, Mich. -- Williams swept the doubles and picked up singles wins from Felix Sun and Matt Micheli Monday en route to a 5-1 victory against Trinity (Texas) in the NCAA Division III tournament quarterfinals played at the Sorenson Courts on the campus of Western Michigan.

Williams (21-3) advanced to the national semifinals, where it will face Wasington (Mo.) (20-5) on Tuesday.

Micheli and Sun were instrumental in the win against Trinity, as the doubles partners were able to put the first team point up on the scoreboard with an 8-4 win versus Nicholas Moreno and Aaron Skinnder at second doubles. Ephs Brian Astraschan and Bryan Chow made it 2-0 when they defeated Connor Dunn and Greg Haugen 8-5 at No. 3 doubles and Trey Meyer and Alex Schidlovsky were able to complete the sweep at first dubs with an 8-4 win against Erick DelaFuente and Jordan Mayer.

All six singles matches ended up competive, but Williams picked up first-set wins by Sun (6-0) at three singles, Micheli (6-3) at two singles, Meyer (6-4) at one singles and Howie Weiss, who won the final three games of his first set to post a 6-4 win against Charlie Curits at six.

Sun jumped out to a 3-0 lead in set two against Haugen, but Trinity's No. 3 took three of the next four games and trailed 4-3 before Sun finished him off for the 6-0, 6-4 win and a 4-0 team lead.

Micheli lost his second set to Moreno at No. 2 6-3 but bounced back to take the first game of the third set. They two battled back and forth and eventually found themselves tied at six before Micheli put his opponent away in the tiebreaker, ending the match in the process.

Trinity's lone team point came at No. 4 singles, where DelaFuente knocked off the Ephs' Zach Weiss 6-4, 6-2.

When played was called, Meyer had a 6-4, 5-4 lead on Skinner at No. 1 singles. Chow was embroiled in a battle at No. 5 with Mayer. After dropping the first set, he took the second set 7-6, but trailed in the third 3-2. At No. 6, Howie Weiss dropped the second set 6-3 after winning the first and trailed 5-4 in the third when play was halted.