FLUSHING, N.Y. -- Queens (N.Y.) made quick work of Goldey-Beacom with a 5-0 win on Monday in the opening match of the NCAA Division II East Region championship.
The Knights, seeded third in the region, advance to face host and second-seeded Concordia (N.Y.) on Tuesday. The winner will go head to the Round of 16 on May 14 in Altamonte Springs, Florida.
This was the second win this season for Queens against Goldey-Beacom, having swept the Lightning 9-0 on April 4.
The Lightning remain winless in NCAA tournament play, though they have made the tournament in four of the past five seasons.
1. Aylin Mehter (QUEENS) vs. Stephanie Puentes Robinson (GBC) 7-5, 1-1, unfinished
2. No. 37 Yevgeniya Plevako (QUEENS) def. Rocio Cabanillas Moreno (GBC) 6-1, 6-2
3. Jennifer Fridman (QUEENS) vs. Maria Angeles Victoria Martinez (GBC) 6-2, 5-2, unfinished
4. Andrea Samson (QUEENS) def. Filipa Correia (GBC) 6-2, 6-2
5. Anna Rodionova (QUEENS) vs. Nina Sengl (GBC) 6-3, 3-4, unfinished
6. Kim Xiong (QUEENS) vs. Anastasia Melnikova (GBC) 4-6, 2-3, unfinished
1. Anna Rodionova/Jennifer Fridman (QUEENS) def. Rocio Cabanillas Moreno/Nina Sengl (GBC) 8-2
2. Yevgeniya Plevako/Andrea Samson (QUEENS) def. Stephanie Puentes Robinson/Maria Angeles Victoria Martinez (GBC) 8-1
3. Kim Xiong/Aylin Mehter (QUEENS) def. Raquel Santos/Filipa Correia (GBC) 8-0