The Florida Relays have been one of the premier meets in all of collegiate track and field since they began at Florida’s campus in 1939.
They return in 2022 for the first full-meet schedule since the pre-pandemic meet in 2019. This year, they are from Thursday, March 31 to Saturday, April 2.
Here’s what you need to know to follow the relays, including the schedule, teams and how to watch:
1. What is the Florida Relays schedule of events?
Here are the daily start times for the 2022 Florida Relays:
- Thursday, March 31: Competition starts at 5 p.m. ET*
- Friday, April 1: Competition starts at 9 a.m. ET*
- Saturday, April 2: Competition starts at 11 a.m. ET
*The collegiate athletes begin competition at 11:30 a.m. on Friday.
Here are the start times for some of the most anticipated events:
- Noon | Women’s hammer
- 2:30 p.m. | Women’s long jump
- 2:30 p.m. | Men’s long jump
- 7 p.m. | Women’s 400 meter hurdles
- 7:20 p.m. | Men’s 400 meter hurdles
- 1 p.m. | Women’s triple jump
- 1:30 p.m. | Women’s 4x100 meter relay
- 1:45 p.m. | Men’s 4x100 meter relay
- 3 p.m. | Men’s triple Jump
- 4:25 p.m. | Women’s 100 meters
- 4:45 p.m. | Men’s 100 meters
- 5:40 p.m. | Women’s 4x400 meter relay
- 6:10 p.m. | Men’s 4x400 meter relay
Click or tap here for the complete schedule.
2. Who are the teams in the 2022 Florida Relays?
Athletes from more than 35 schools will be participating at the 2022 Florida Relays. See some of the participating teams below:
- Alabama State
- Florida A&M
- Florida State
- Georgia Tech
- Long Beach State
- Miami (FL)
- North Carolina A&T
- North Florida
- Ohio State
- Penn State
- South Carolina
- South Florida
- Virginia Tech
Click or tap here for the full performance list
3. This is Florida, so what happens in the case of inclement weather?
The Florida Relays plan to begin as scheduled at 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 31. In the case of inclement weather on Thursday evening, as many impacted events as possible will be held on Friday, April 1.
Any changes and weather updates can be found on the Florida track and field twitter page @GatorsTF.
4. How can I follow the meet live?
The 2022 Florida Relays will air on SEC Network+, with a live stream beginning Friday at 5 p.m. ET and Saturday at 1:30 p.m. ET. You can click or tap here for live results from the meet.
5. What are the latest rankings entering the meet?
Here are the latest rankings from the USTFCCCA’s national ratings index for Division I men’s and women’s outdoor track and field.
|24||North Carolina A&T||78.57|