Katelyn Tuohy entered college as one of the most hyped recruits of the early 2020s after a record-setting high school career. All she's done since is exceed expectations.
Here's more on Tuohy's college career.
The vitals on Katelyn Tuohy
School: NC State
Events: Cross Country/Mid-Distance/Distance
Years active: 2020-present
Here are Tuohy's career bests in college.
|5K cross country||15:50.0||2022||Joe Piane Invitational|
|6K cross country||19:08.9||2022||ACC Cross Country Championships|
|1500 indoors||4:06.49*||2023||Dr. Sander Invitational Columbia Challenge|
|Mile indoors||4:24.26||2023||Dr. Sander Invitational Columbia Challenge|
|3000 indoors||8:35.20||2023||Millrose Games|
|5000 indoors||15:15.92||2022||Boston University Sharon Colyear Danville Season Opener|
|1500 outdoors||4:06.84||2022||ACC Outdoor Track & Field Championships|
|5000 outdoors||15:14.61||2022||Virginia Challenge|
All times as of Mar. 12, 2023. For the latest updates, see TFRRS.
*Time en route to a longer distance
What kind of prospect was Tuohy in high school?
Katelyn Tuohy, a Stony Point, New York native, was an elite high school distance runner and a top college recruit at North Rockland High School.
In cross country, she was a three-time champion at Nike Cross Country Nationals and a three-time Gatorade Athlete of the Year. Tuohy is the only athlete in any sport to ever win the award three times. Tuohy also set the high school 5K cross country record at 16:06.87.
On the track, Tuohy set four national high-school records in the outdoor mile, indoor 3000 meters, outdoor 3200 meters and indoor 5000 meters. Her indoor 5000-meter record is also a US Junior record.
How did Tuohy perform at NCAA Championships?
Below, you'll find the podium finishes from Katelyn Tuohy at NCAA championship meets:
- 1st in 3000 meters at 2023 Indoor
- 1st in 5000 meters at 2023 Indoor
- 1st in 2022 Cross Country
- 1st in team at 2022 Cross Country
- 1st in 5000 meters at 2022 Outdoor
- 2nd in 3000 meters at 2022 Indoor
- 2nd in 5000 meters at 2022 Indoor
- 7th in DMR at 2021 Indoor
- 8th in DMR at 2023 Indoor
- 1st in team at 2021 Cross Country
- 15th in 2021 Cross Country
- 24th in 2020-21 Cross Country
Records set by Tuohy
Here are some of the notable records and statistical rankings set by Tuohy in college:
- NCAA record indoor Mile (4:24.26)
- NCAA record indoor 1500* (4:06.49)
- NCAA record indoor 3000 meters (8:35.20)
- American 3000 meter U20 indoor record (8:54.17)
- NC State 3000 meter indoor record (8:54.17)
- NC State 5000 meter indoor record (15:15.92)
- NC State DMR record (11:06.14)
- 2nd-fastest 4x1500 meter relay in NCAA history (16:55.19)
- 7th-fastest 1500m time in NCAA history (4:06.84)
- 8th-fastest 5000 meter time in NCAA history (15:14.61)
*Time en route to a longer distance
OMG🤯 @Wolfpack_TFXC’s Katelyn Tuohy ran 4:24.26 in the mile to break the @NCAATrackField record at the Dr. Sander Invitational 🔥— Stan Becton (@stan_becton) January 28, 2023
The record was last set in 2009
Which awards did Tuohy win in college?
Here are the awards and honors Tuohy won in college through the 2022 outdoor season:
- First Team All-American - 5000 meters outdoor (2022)
- ACC Outdoor Track Performer of the Year (2022)
- ACC Champion/First Team All-ACC - 1500 meters outdoor (2022)
- First Team All-ACC - 5000 meters outdoor (2022)
- First Team All-American - 5000 meters indoor (2022)
- First Team All-American - 3000 meters indoor (2022)
- ACC Champion/First Team All-ACC - 5000 meters indoor (2022)
- First Team All-ACC outdoor (2021)
- First Team All-American DMR (2021)
- Cross country All-American (2020-21, 2021)
- All-ACC cross country (2021)
- All-Southeast-Region cross country (2021)