INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA Division II Women's Volleyball Committee announced Sunday the 64 teams that will be participating in the 2014 NCAA Division II Women’s Volleyball Championship.
Eight teams were selected from each of the following eight regions: Atlantic, Central, East, Midwest, South, South Central, Southeast and West.
Eight eight-team regionals will be played at on-campus sites. Regional competition will be single-elimination, best three-of-five-set matches and will not include a third-place match. The winners of each of the eight regionals will advance to the finals Dec. 4-6 at Knights Hall in Louisville, Kentucky. Competition at the finals site will be single-elimination; best three-of-five-set matches.
Conferences receiving automatic qualification berths:
• California Collegiate Athletic Association – Sonoma State
• Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference – Post
• Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association – Chowan
• Conference Carolinas – Erskine
• East Coast Conference – Bridgeport
• Great American Conference – Arkansas Tech
• Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference – Ferris State
• Great Lakes Valley Conference – Truman
• Great Northwest Athletic Conference – Northwest Nazarene
• Gulf South Conference – Valdosta State
• Heartland Conference – Arkansas-Fort Smith
• Lone Star Conference – Tarleton State
• Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association – Central Missouri
• Northeast-10 Conference – Adelphi
• Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference – Minnesota Duluth
• Pacific West Conference – Brigham Young-Hawaii
• Peach Belt Conference – Armstrong
• Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference – California (Pa.)
• Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference – Colorado Mesa
• South Atlantic Conference – Wingate
• Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference – Claflin
• Sunshine State Conference – Tampa
This year’s championship will be part of the 2014 Division II National Championships Festival in Louisville, Kentucky, hosted by Bellarmine and the Louisville Sports Commission.