Lipscomb's Carlyle Nusbaum was announced Tuesday as the AVCA Player of the Week, just a day after winning ASUN Player of the Week honors.Nusbaum, a sophomore outside hitter from Overland Park, Kan., becomes just the fourth player in conference history to win the ASUN Player of the Week award six times in a career. She is just the second player to win five of those honors in a single season. Nusbaum has also won a Defensive Player of the Week this year.
Nusbaum scored the match-high in both of Lipscomb's shutout victories last week with tallies of 18 and 24. She averaged seven kills per set against North Florida and Jacksonville, for an average of .537.
With 10 digs in each of the Bisons' wins Nusbaum recorded two double-doubles, and has reached that mark in seven of her last nine appearances.
ASUN Volleyball Player of the Week - Nov. 14th:
Carlyle Nusbaum Sophomore | Hitter | Overland Park, Kan. | Business Marketing
- Sixth Career ASUN Volleyball Player of the Week Award; fifth this season
- Averaged seven kills per set for a total of 42 on the weekend
- Recorded double-doubles in both of Lipscomb's victories against Jacksonville and North Florida
- Hit a season-high of .568 against UNF, averaging .537 over the course of the week
- 24 kills against North Florida doubled up any other player in the match
- Recorded a block in the Jacksonville victory and two assists in win over North Florida